1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY WM-D3 PACK

Discussion in 'Stereo2Go classifieds (not auctions)' started by donald lyons, Oct 3, 2017.

1. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

I have three d3s´in pieces (complete but obviouslyfor parts). This is a great source of parts for anyone tying to keeps these great machines going. I also have a complete D3 with a split main gear, rewind spool gear and no counter belt. The case would be an 9/10. Lastly I have a 5th unit in almost perfect shape (no split gears ) and apart from the counter belt it works perfectly and sounds great. The case would be an 7/10. I see that there is a member that has managed to manufacture a main gear to fix the common problem these units suffer from and the rewind gear has a solution as well, albeit not very elegant. I would like to get 120€ for the three units in parts and the one that needs repair or 220€ for the whole lot with a 220v transformer and the original microphone. IMG_20171003_130048.jpg IMG_20171003_130202.jpg IMG_20171003_195107.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

The shipping shouldn´t be too expensive. Maybe 20€ within europe and 35€ overseas.

3. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

I don´t believe I´m asking too much for these. Are there any comments or anyone that is remotely interested? I can post pictues of the transport for both the working units, which are very clean, if need be. The last unit pictured is the one that has no split gears and does have an almost mint case with it even though it´s not pictured. It was purchased new by me in 1992 and has always been very well taken care of. I´m sure that somebody with a bit of time and skill and the parts could have three perfectly funtioning units from this lot.

4. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

I´ve just ordered parts for the semi-working unit and counter belts for both. The sale is off till I have them completed at which time I´ll have to ask at least 80€ more if all works out well. I hope there will be more interest then. Thanks

5. joe palmer

joe palmer New Member

yes im joe from dyersburg tennessee usa id like to buy your complete walkman thats broken thanks.

6. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

Sorry Joe. It has a new main gear, counter belt and capstan rubber and is working perfectly now. I have three parts units as you can see in the other picture. I can't guarantee anything, but you might be able to get a working unit from them if you pick up a new main gear an fix the rewind gear(s). I'll be asking around 150€ each for the two working units that are in perfect order now. The fifth unit now has a new counter belt installed.

7. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Hi you have not had many takers as i think most people are not willing to pay those prices for a D3. If the units where D6C's people would have been biting your hands of to get them.
    I can only speak for myself, the D3 is an okay unit but it would not be a unit i would spend any money on in fact i just gave away some parts to another member that needed parts.
    Sony try to do a cheaper D6C but came out with a dodo, hence most people don't touch them sorry to put the units down.
    You would be better putting them on eBay.

8. donald lyons

donald lyons New Member

Thanks for the input. I've had both units since the early 90's (d6 and d3) and have used both extensively for live recordings and the d3 is a fantastic unit. I don't believe Sony created a Dodo here because as a professional musician, the recording quality of the d3 is excellent and it was a workhorse for me for a number of years before going digital. I've followed a number of auctions and sales and 150€ is quite an average price. As I posted earlier, the parts units are for sale if you want them for 50€ plus shipping. I haven't had any offers because I said they
    were no longer for sale. Thanks

9. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Okay good luck, hope you get good price for them.