1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony WM-EX20 20th anniversary

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by PHILIP[, Nov 12, 2017.

1. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

i was bidding on this auction and i was the highest bidder with 2o minutes left . Here is the sale price
    Sony Walkman WM-EX20 20th Anniversary Model, Collectors Model, Boxed
    See original listing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Item condition:
    Used

Ended:
    12 Nov, 2017 20:14:20 GMT

Winning bid:
    £293.89
    [ 19 bids ]

Postage:
    £3.90 Economy Delivery

Item location:
    Ruthin, United Kingdom

Seller:
    gweler (19 [​IMG])
    |
    Seller's other items

More chances to get what you want1/2
    Feedback on our suggestions
    See what other people are watching1/2
    Feedback on our suggestions

the prices are beginning to be more and more ridiculous !!!!!!

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

For how much traffic the Walkman Section gets and what these guys are selling them for doesn't make sense. Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong, only 19 bids were placed on this unit and 4-5 guys. I certainly understand when you want a unit and will pay to get it but it would be nice if there was a true revival of these units and people were coming out of the woodwork to talk about them. When you look at the growth of AudioKarma, it's only natural for there to be a demand for walkmans and boomboxes so I'd expect an increase in sales prices.
    By the way, nice looking unit, can you show a few more photos!

3. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I have tried to copy more of the photos from the e-bay link but I could not get it to copy and paste for some reason so here is the auction link below with the fotos .I trust neither the seller or new purchaser will mind I stopped bidding at about £130 20
    minutes or so before the auction finished I have a few of this machine already so I was not going to break the bank this time (but I do not think I have a boxed one .I will have to check some time}. YOU WILL NOTE THE BOX WAS DAMAGED AS IT HAD "no battery" or such like scrawled on the top which think detracts especially at that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Walk...-Boxed/322866008177?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

4. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

IT SEEMS SOME OF THE PICTURES ARE NO LONGER THERE IN PARTICULAR THE ONE SHOWING THE BOX WITH THE WORDING ' NO BATTERY' SCRAWLED ON THE TOP

5. Brandon

Brandon Member

I would have paid £90 - £140 for this unit . But £300 Notes , Bit steep .
    I usually just stalk the new listed items and hit BIN .