1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techmoan shows of his Sharp TV-10 (video)

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by walkman archive, May 22, 2017.

1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Another great video by Mat.
    And he shows one of my photos too!! :banana:

kitchen10 likes this.
  2. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

I love Mat's channel! In summer I hope to do some similar videos myself on some tech from my collection.

Why would he show photos from any other source when yours are so perfectly executed, Hugo? :thumbsup:

3. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I love his channel too.

Well, I think he doesn't want to 'owe' anything to anyone. I regularlly cross emails with him and I offered my photos several times, but he seems to prefer to use old catalogue photos as they are copyright free. To him, mine are free too, so I don't really know why he don't want to use others I've offered.
    Maybe he doesn't want to put credits in the photo as long as he can.
    Anyway, I'll continue to offer him my help and photos because he is a friend, very honest and very professional on what he does.

kitchen10 likes this.
  4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Another Techmoan fan here. I think the main reason he likes using catalogues scans is that they show the prices when the equipment was on sale. He often then gives them in $ and Euros as well so everyone understands. Many of the items he covers failed to make much impact on the market either because they were too expensive, or were an attempt to make a cheaper version of something already on the market (e.g. Fisher Price Camcorder).

It amuses me when people put in the comments that they would loved to have had something like xxxx as a kid. Unless your parents were the equivalent of Charles and Diana they would probably have never afforded it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    kitchen10 likes this.