1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Calibron all in one head cleaner and demagnetizer

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by Mister X, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I just pulled out another gem out of the pile, the Calibron tape deck cleaner. This must have been pretty cool when it came out, probably one of the first cleaning tapes available. The case is cool with raised Calibron Lettering and the colors are super 70's.

DSCN2159SM.jpg

2. Brandon

Brandon Member

"Cordless , No power required"

3. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I’ve never seen anything like that...

4. Ball000

Ball000 Member

Cool! So how does it work? Can you show the place where the desk's play-head goes into it?

5. Mister X

There's probably some anti-static spray on here but nothing I see that would say de-magnetizing, just some cleaning tape very similar to the stuff I used to work with.

DSCN2163SM.jpg

Ball000 likes this.
  6. Ball000

Ball000 Member

Hehe indeed I was expecting more strange things inside, when I was reading the demagnetizing advertisement ;-)
    Many thanks for the photo, things are clear now. Oh and the white pad on the left is interesting, it might be quite successful in cleaning the capstan, if properly impregnated before use.

7. Mister X

I noticed that pad on the left as well, I think some of my Recoton have the same pad but you can replace it. I do have a tape demagnetizer with electronics in it made by the Geneva Group of Companies. They still have a website up but it's 10 years old.
    http://www.genevainc.com/

Geneva Group used to do a lot of cleaning equipment and private label the 3M stuff. Some of this equipment might be useful if it's still available NOS.