1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on AIWA HS-J2?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by BudtheChud, Feb 28, 2017.

1. BudtheChud

BudtheChud New Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any expirence with this model. I just bought one for 35$ on ebay. It looks nice and feature packed , but needs some work as the seller had stated in the ad hoping just contact cleaner and maybe a belt. it comes with a mic and belt clip too!. Any oppinions?

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I like folding headphone of this walkman. I think i changed the belt on this one few years ago ( am not sure since now i have more than 200 walkman).

3. BudtheChud

BudtheChud New Member

i didnt get the phones sadly, got the mic tho! woah 200!?? i have only 4 or 5 lol 6 if you inlcude a late 80s discman. (also were the belts hard to do? just curious.)

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

How do you like the HS-J2? A few have been showing up on ebay and I love anything AIWA. As a young boy my mechanical engineer neighbor would tell me college stories of how AIWA and Nachamichi were the cream of the crop tape players. I've gotten a few of them but that J2 looks pretty cool and a little "Heavy Metal Love" would sound great on one!

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

If you enjoy the sound of your HS-J2 then it is a great walkman. It really doesn't matter what other say.
    I love the Sony WM-W800 and i have more than 20 of them. Is it a great sounding walkman? the answer is no for sure but It was all i had when i was young.
    So to answer you question about HS-J2 it is a basic walkman and it doesnt offer excellent sound quality as we see in high end AIWAs

6. kanamaster

kanamaster Member

Hello! Does anybody know of a in-good-working-conditions HS-J2 in this world?