1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to pause on the Walkman stuff for a while :(

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by buzbox, Jan 20, 2018.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Hey peoples. I think i'll be taking a break from the Walkman stuff for a while. Been buying and selling for the last few years and have had a lot of sales but i've neglected other projects. Mainly my car :) I'll still be visiting this site of course and seeing what's for sale. I'm just gonna stop buying and selling. Pretty much have all the Walkmans that I planned to get for my collection. Actually I'm still missing a DD9 but with the high prices on those I think i'll hold off buying one. Although I still have two more Walkmans to sell and that will be it for selling for a little while.

Regards,
    buzbox

Brutus442 likes this.
  2. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

I think holding off buying a DD9 will only cost you more down the line, the prices are going up as it looks like the world and it’s wife wants one.
    For me I am not a collector so I only buy what I am going to use, I have multiple of the same units as parts are difficult to get.
    I think if you want a DD9 you should just keep looking rather than holding off, you never know when a good deal will come along.

Command8 and Jorge like this.
  3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I'll still be looking for the DD9. I've been concentrating on buying then repairing and selling the repaired players. Took up a lot of time. So that's what I'm putting the pin on for now.

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I remember another young man that kind of said the same thing, the first time around 06, then again around 09 to maybe 2012. and then through the Hoopla Years where the site kind of sucked but guys were still posting. Fortunately I keep coming back and still have fun. Check in once in a while, one of the draw-backs of forums like this is that people expect the worse if you drop off and never come back.

5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

All good. I'm still visiting this forum.

Brutus442 likes this.