1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to restore my TPS-L2's case

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Chris, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Active Member

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum given that there's no 'tech' involved but I'm trying to restore my TPS-L2's case. The front cover is covered in dents and some of the leather has worn off in a few places. I tried the 'hairdryer and petroleum jelly' method but this hasn't done very much.

I've been looking at getting a custom case made like doublecee did with the DD series, but I imagine this would be quite expensive (assuming I can actually find someone who would do it in the first place).

2. bub

bub Active Member

I think you should definitely contact doublecee about this! His new cases look fantastic. There should be quite a good market for them thanks to their newfound popularity, and how rare the original case is. I suspect a belt clip that does not require modification of the rear case to be quite marketable too...

Chris likes this.
  3. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

TPS-L2 / WM-3 case is currently in development.
    Two options. Recreate the original or a new one that's more of a drop in affair.

4. Chris

Chris Active Member

5. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

We'll see. Ideally I'd want something that really protects the TPSL2 and prevents any further pressure wear on the silver section from the poppers.

But has to give easy access to the main cassette door and transport controls.

Leave it with me for a week or two ;-) I'm also working up a new case solution for the DD9 and wm 100/102 type bodies.

Chris likes this.