1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did Santa bring me? Just a JVC 3090 !!!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Brutus442, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

It started in 2016 over a few conversations with a true gent and fantastic member Samovar. He needed some help with something I had access to and in turn he offered a JVC 3090 after reading an old post where I professed my obsession with this box. He remembered that and true to his word, shipped it across the world in packaging that would survive a tank running over it. Even our Canadian Customs had a little difficulty opening it for inspection.

Having seen Radio Raheem's JVC 3090 twins, I had grown a "lust" for these boxes and in early January, that dream was answered. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I'm having with this. Santa came through!
    Thanks Samovar!! Everything's working beautifully...

Just a few pics below..please note I went outside for a few pics but it was -20C outside with the wind chill so I didn't hang around too long.
    IMG_2052sd.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2067.JPG

2. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Glad that it made it to you safe and sound. And even more glad that you are enjoying it :)

Talking about gentlemen, Brutus442 is one of the greatest around. Suffice it to say that when I asked for his help, he even changed his work schedule to help me get a long sought-after box. The time we spent together last Summer only confirmed what our long conversations on the forum had already shown, ie that he is a great enthusiast and a gem of a person!

Wonderful pics btw. -20°? o_O I know it's no consolation, but I live by the sea, same latitude as Athens; yet two days ago we got a blizzard and the temperature dropped below zero. Hence, you got a belated Santa, I got a belated (and unheard of) White Christmas! :)

Ω SK-95 and Brutus442 like this.
  3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Beautiful box Geoff, these are the creme de la creme of the TV boxes, they still manage to keep that rugged look and have more buttons than mission control.

Good to see two of the top guys helping each other out, nice one guys :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Brutus442 likes this.
  4. A O

A O Active Member

By far the nicest TV box

Brutus442 and Ω SK-95 like this.
  5. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Totally sweeet Ao is bang on the best tv box arround, this and the m90 are the best sounding jvc boxes made.

congrats Gentlemen, this is what the forum is about imho, stoked for the both of you, nice one:)

6. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

A beautiful box excellent result guy's

Brutus442 and Radio Raheem like this.
  7. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Brutus i see you were determined to get pics of this beauty with -20c outside !:)
    I can only agree with the above that this is what this forum is all about .
    Great gestures from both Samovar and you Geoff :D
    I can remember this pic of RR twins JVC 3090 from the old forum , it was one of a kind.

Brutus442, Radio Raheem and Ω SK-95 like this.
  8. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

IMO the best TV box ever! :nodding:

Brutus442 likes this.
  9. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

It's even got VU meters for recording! Have you seen the "new" Leafs on it yet? Wow! Nicest TV box indeed!

Brutus442 and Radio Raheem like this.
  10. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

What? On top of it, it can be compared to the sound quality of an M90? Geoff, next meet, wherever it may be... I'm thinking Paradise Hall on Hwy 7 and Jane Street, but we'll get to that another day... you gotta bring this in!! I'm taking the Candle!!

Brutus442 likes this.
  11. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

it can be compaired to the aiwa tpr 950 sk95:)

Brutus442 likes this.
  12. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

great TV boombox. Everyday i learn something. Never knew that JVC made a TV boombox. By looking at the pictures it looks like the TV can be removed (detachable) and used as a mini TV. Is that correct? I looked at 3rd and 4th pictures several times and to me looks like this one is a detachable TV.
    another question is Do you get analog signal/ reception in Canada, In California i can only receive very weak analog signals from Mexico.

Brutus442 likes this.
  13. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Nah, it only looks like this way, the TV isn't detachable in this box.
    This model also has its Japanese (JDM) bro -Victor M-8000.

http://wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=JVC+3090

Boodokhan likes this.
  14. Brutus442

Correct. The TV just juts out, yet is not removable.

15. Brutus442

Thanks Gents! I can't tell you in words what a pleasure it was to work with Sal. I spoke to him more often during this transaction than I did my family! After deals like this...I never want to use Ebay...just member to member deals!!

Tony...under no circumstances would I subject this beauty to the broadcast of a Maple Leafs game. It would do more damage than good;)"

Ω SK-95 likes this.
  16. Brutus442

No we don't get any analogue signals anymore. If I hook up a digital carrier and antenna I can get the "over the air" HD channels. I bet this was great back in the day though with the old analogue broadcasts!

Boodokhan likes this.
  17. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

What? Are you Iafrade the puck is going to break the little TV screen glass? Are they so bad, they'll miss the net and hit you new precious JVC 3040506090 Box?? Haa?? :D Hehehe!!!
    :music: It's a nice one Geoff!! The Italian connection did it again!

I know it was you Sal... you broke my heart!! :yousuck:... :biggrin: Hahaha!!

Brutus442 likes this.
  18. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Hey Tony, you're right I forgot to took pics of my Kenwood El Poco case, as promised. Sorry mate I'm under pressure at work right now :(

I'll do it asap -- as soon as I figure out how to post photos on the new site, I wonder why I can't just upload them from my PC o_O

19. Ω SK-95

Ω SK-95 Active Member

Hi Sal, I was just quoting Michael Corleone when he kissed his brother Fredo in Cuba in 1959 in the New Year's party just before Fidel took over! "... I know ita was you Fredo, you broka ma heart!"
    It has nothing to do with the pictures from the El Poco Loco Kenwood case, which by the way, if you remember I was the one that gave them to you. They were full of American dollars from our heist in New York... don't tell me... you never opened them?!! :eek:

Brutus442 likes this.
  20. Patron

Patron Active Member

Congrats Brutus, well deserved box , looks in great shape,

Brutus442 likes this.