1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Patron

Patron Active Member

I thought The RISING 20/20 is Rambos picture, he is somewhere in Europe.

2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Have a very Nice Braun 310 set for sale with orig boxes.... One of the most beautifull retro sets out there!

3. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

image.png image.png

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I like this Braun. Please post more pictures

5. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

6. Boodokhan

Is it yours?
    What is CHF? 1890 CHF
    That one looks minty and the perfect color
    I want it this white one, it is very clean almost brand new.

7. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

CHF is swiss francs! The link you see is a swiss company that restores this Braun retro stereo's !! Mine is like you see on the earlier pics.... The body is grey... But easy to do a paint job... If you are interested, i think you better look to an american seller... The whole 310 with boxes is very fragile .... Sorry you not live closer... Or i came immidiatly to you to show-off....

8. Boodokhan

I have never found this model in any us retailer/ seller since this one is vintage.
    I have to explore this seller and communicate with him/ her
    Thanks

9. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

image.jpeg That Swiss company is very good! As you maybe do Some research , this Braun line was far ahead of his time! You can find that the base of Apple's podcast app was taken from Dieter Rams reel to reel design !!!! And other fascinating facs can be found About....
    I have also the reel to reel 1000/4 from Braun ..... With the exclusive 22cm reels.....

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

image.jpeg This is the mist famous retro Braun combo..... Prices can go up to 100000€
    On the pic , you can see the same boxes as mine.... The control unit (with radio)is like mine too, but without the turntable.. The rtr is the rarest to find.....

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  11. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Counted all Zeros twice.. :) Up to 100,000? Really? :hmmm:idea:

12. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

image.png Sold on Sotheby's for indeed the correct zero's .... But $$$

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  13. Mystic Traveller

Wowwwww, impressive! :)

14. WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN

WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN Member

TWELVE HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOX GHETTO BLASTERS CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th BIRTHDAY WITH THE TORONTO SKYLINE

12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 1.jpg 12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 2.jpg
    12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 3.jpg 12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 4.jpg
    12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 5.jpg 12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 6.jpg
    12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 7.jpg 12 HOLY GRAIL BOOMBOXES CELEBRATE CANADA'S 150th B DAY TORONTO SKYLINE 8.jpg
    BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS TWO.jpg BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS FOUR.jpg BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS THREE.jpg BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS FIVE.jpg BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS SIX.jpg

STEREO2GO certainly attracts an INTERNATIONAL audience of boombox and vintage electronics enthusiasts,
    as is shown by the 4 (exotic) STEREO2GO members who have liked this post:

Radio Raheem (UK)
    Mystic Traveller (Russia)
    Boodokhan (USA)
    Timecop1987 (Germany)

Which made me realize that at least 3 of these 12 boomboxes were sold under different brand names in countries of the world outside of Canada.

Can anyone list the brand names & model numbers of the 12 ghettoblasters in these photos and video?
    Bonus points for any AKA's or A.K.A.'s or "Also Known As's", which rock.

It would be really impressive to attempt to do this from memory in one sitting with no researching.

Also, in my humble opinion (IMHO) there is one wannabee pretender here to the title of "holy grail",
    or at least the least deserving of this overused designation.
    Discuss.

BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE TWELVE HOLY GRAIL GHETTOBLASTERS.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN

WHICH ONE WOULD YOU REPRINT?

Ever since puberty (1983 to 1985), I've appreciated and collected vintage paper (1960's Marvel comics, EC comics & Warren Publishing magazines, etc.)
    For the past 6 years that I've been accumulating ghettoblasters and vintage (space age) electronics, I've tried to gather some of the accompanying instruction manuals or brochures or catalogues or advertising pieces or booklets or pamphlets or packaging.

And I've been extremely fortunate in terms of the rarity of some of the pieces I've scored; several of these are arguably "one of a kind" because you won't find any information or images anywhere else online about them and they NEVER turn up on ebay USA (years of monitoring)

On my bucket list is to take a graphic design course to learn Photoshop and InDesign.
    And then source the best printing house in Toronto and determine cost based on print run size and paper stock.
    In order to create a limited edition numbered reprint of at most 50 of one of the below projects.
    NOT the typical half-assed & sloppy photocopied effort you might expect; but a professional reproduction, 98% as good as the original, and worth spending hard earned money on.

Of the TEN potential reprint projects below:

Which do you think would be a most welcome return from the brink of extinction; ie which project should be reproduced first or has the widest potential appeal?

MANY OF THE IMAGES AND MUCH OF THE AD COPY BELOW I CANNOT FIND ELSEWHERE ONLINE SO THIS IS LIKELY
    EXCLUSIVE TO STEREO2GO MEMBERS.

CLAIRTONE 7980 INSTRUCTION MANUAL
    (A.K.A CONION C-100F & HELIX HX-4635):

PART ONE:
    16 PAGE INSTRUCTION MANUAL INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS
    11.75 inches by 8 inches
    Colour front cover, all other pages black & white
    Glossy paper
    Two staples
    LANGUAGES: English & French

PART TWO:
    SCHEMATIC
    16 inches by 11.5 inches
    Black & White
    One Sided
    Folded
    Thinner paper stock
    CLAIRTONE 7980 CONION C-100F MANUAL WELTRON BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE THREE.jpg
    Unseen online:
    CLAIRTONE 7980 CONION C-100F INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL WELTRON  BRAUN TORONTO 2.jpg
    CLAIRTONE 7980 INSTRUCTION MANUAL CONION C-100 weltron braun two 001.jpg Clairtone 7980 Conion C-100F Instruction Manual Weltron Braun Toronto one.jpg

JVC RC-M70JW / JVC RC-M70C / JVC RC-M70 / JVC RC M71JW
    INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL & EXTRAS:

PART ONE:
    36 PAGE INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL (INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS)
    11 inches by 8.5 inches
    Black & White
    Two staples:
    LANGUAGES: English, French & Spanish

PART TWO:
    JVC WARRANTY CARD
    11 inches by 8.5 inches.
    Colour
    Double Sided
    Thicker paper stock

PART THREE:
    CASSETTE TAPES & TROUBLESHOOTING brochure manual booklet instructions
    16 pages including front & back cover
    8.5 inches by 5.5 inches
    7 languages!!!!
    glossy paper

PART FOUR:
    2 Q-Tips, sealed & printed in 7 languages.

PART FIVE:
    Clear plastic bag
    JVC RC-M70JW JVC RC-M70C INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN one.jpg JVC RC-M70JW JVC RC-M70C INSTRUCTION BOOK WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN one.jpg

JVC PC-550C / JVC PC-55C / JVC PC-55 / JVC PC-550
    INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL & EXTRAS:

PART ONE:
    56 PAGE INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL (INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS)
    11 inches by 8.5 inches
    Black & White
    Two staples:
    LANGUAGES: English, French & Spanish!!

PART TWO:
    JVC WARRANTY CARD
    11 inches by 8.5 inches.
    Colour
    Double Sided
    Thicker paper stock

PART THREE:
    CASSETTE TAPES & TROUBLESHOOTING brochure manual booklet instructions
    8.5 inches by 5.5 inches
    7 languages!!!!
    glossy paper

PART FOUR:
    JVC AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTRES IN CANADA
    11.5 inch by 8.5 inch double sided black & white page

PART FIVE:
    2 Q-Tips, sealed & printed in 7 languages.

PART SIX:
    Clear plastic bag
    JVC PC-550C JVC PC-55C INSTRUCTION BOOK MANUAL WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN one.jpg JVC PC-550C JVC PC-55C INSTRUCTION BOOK WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN one.jpg

MARANTZ AUDIO COMPONENTS PAMPHLET BOOKLET BROCHURE CATALOGUE ADVERTISING :
    36 inches by 9 inches
    Colour, double sided
    Folds to 9 inches by 3.8 inches
    Glossy paper stock:
    Unseen online.
    MARANTZ AUDIO COMPONENTS PAMPHLET BROCHURE WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE one.jpg MARANTZ AUDIO COMPONENTS PAMPHLET BROCHURE WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE three.jpg

WELTRON "THE NEW SHAPE OF SOUND" BOOKLET BROCHURE CATALOGUE ADVERTISING:
    Gorgeous colour photos & specs & features & info on Weltron 2001, Weltron 2004, Weltron 2010, Weltron 2005, Weltron 2007, Weltron 2003, Weltron 2006, Weltron 2008 & accessories & "our sound guarantee":
    11 inches by 8.5 inches
    Thick & glossy paper stock
    Unseen online:
    WELTRON THE NEW SHAPE OF SOUND BOOKLET BROCHURE  CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE two.jpg WELTRON THE NEW SHAPE OF SOUND BOOKLET BROCHURE  CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE one.jpg
    WELTRON THE NEW SHAPE OF SOUND BOOKLET BROCHURE  CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE three.jpg WELTRON CATALOGUE 1.jpg
    WELTRON CATALOGUE 2.jpg WELTRON CATALOGUE 3.jpg WELTRON CATALOGUE 4.jpg

MARANTZ TRUE POWER: THE WHOLE TRUTH DISCLOSED BOOKLET BROCHURE CATALOGUE ADVERTISING:
    12 PAGES INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS
    Filled with Marantz information & ad copy & illustrations & specs & secrets unseen elsewhere.
    11 inches by 8.5 inches
    Thicker paper stock
    Colour
    2 staples
    Unseen online:
    MARANTZ TRUE POWER THE WHOLE TRUTH DISCLOSED BOOKLET BROCHURE WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN 3.jpg MARANTZ TRUE POWER THE WHOLE TRUTH DISCLOSED BOOKLET BROCHURE WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN 2.jpg

WELTRON SATURN 2001 POSTER:
    22 inches by 16.7 inches when opened.
    Double sided in colour
    Glossy paper.
    Folds to 8.5 inches to 5.5 inches
    Unseen online:
    WELTRON SATURN 2001 POSTER CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE three.jpg WELTRON SATURN 2001 POSTER CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE ONE.jpg
    WELTRON SATURN 2001 POSTER CLAIRTONE BRAUN TORONTO BOOMBOX SKYLINE one.jpg

JVC RC-M90, JVC RC-M60, JVC RC-M70, JVC RC-M80 POSTER:
    NINE pages (11.5 inches by 8.5 inches each)
    Reproduced as a colour poster (35 inches by 25.5 inches plus one inch border)
    One sided glossy poster paper stock.
    Dozens of JVC models & catalogue pages to choose from, but these are nine of my favourite:
    JVC RC M90 & JVC RC M70 POSTER WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE one.jpg

WELTRON "THE NEW SHAPE OF SOUND" POSTER:
    Double page spread from early 1970's "The New York Times Magazine"
    Each page 12.5 inches by 10.3 inches
    Total spread: 12.5 inches by 20.6 inches
    Colour on newsprint
    Unseen online:
    WELTRON ADVERTISEMENT NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE CLAIRTONE BRAUN ONE.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  16. WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN

UNSEEN DIETER RAMS BRAUN 55-YEAR OLD PAPER DISCOVERY

This is the most phenomenal vintage paper bonus that has come with any of the 250 pieces of pre-1984 electronics I've gathered/hoarded over the past 6 years:

When I picked up Snow White's Coffin (Braun SK 55 or Braun SK 5)
    sold in Canada from 1961 to 1964 as "Clairtone-Braun SK 61-C" or "Clairtone-Braun SK 6" from Kijiji (local online classifieds), it came with an amazing booklet packed with ad copy & many black & white and a handful of colour photos of Dieter Rams designed products from the late 1950's to early 1960's, plus 3 multi-language manuals, a schematic & a postcard (only one in existence?)--a wealth of over 100 pages of 55-year old paper.

You should be able to spot Dieter Rams' influence on Jonathan Ive at Apple with some of these timeless designs that Apple absolutely ripped off.
    As Dieter Rams is considered one of the greatest industrial designers of the last half of the 20th century,
    and MANY OF THESE IMAGES AND AD COPY ARE BEING SEEN HERE ONLINE FOR THE FIRST TIME, this would probably be the most widely appealing (historically significant?) of all these 10 projects to reproduce.
    But it would be an absolute nightmare & way above my pay grade because of the variety of sizes and bindings and paper stock and touch ups required to do this portfolio justice.

CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C (BRAUN SK 55 & BRAUN SK 5) SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN DIETER RAMS PORTFOLIO
    (OVER 100 PAGES OF BOOKLET, MANUALS, SCHEMATICS & POSTCARD):
    CIRCA 1961 TO 1964.

1. BRAUN BOOKLET--3 SECTIONS: "RADIOS & RADIOGRAMS", "STEREOPHONIC EQUIPMENT" & "TRANSISTOR RECEIVERS"
    --34 PAGES--COLOUR/B&W--8.3 INCHES BY 7.8 INCHES--ENGLISH--PRINTED IN WEST GERMANY
    Models covered in booklet with photos & copy:
    Small Table Model SK 2 Superhet
    Four Speed Record Player Model PC 3 SV
    Auxiliary Loudspeaker Unit Model L 01
    Radiogram Model MM 4 Stereo
    Superhet Receiver Model TS 3 Stereo
    Radio Chassis RC 81
    PC 3 Stereo Record Player
    Radiogram Model SK 5
    Radiogram Model PKG 5 Stereo
    Loudspeaker Unit Model L 2
    Portable Transistor-Receiver Model K
    Pocket Transistor-Receiver Model T 3
    Portable Transistorized Combined Radio/Record Player Model TP 1
    Atelier 1 Stereo Radiogram with separate Loudspeaker Unit Model L 1
    HM 5 Stereo

2. BRAUN SK 6 STEREO MANUAL--30 COLOUR PAGES INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVER FOLD-OUT--5.7 INCHES BY 5.4 INCHES--SIX LANGUAGES (ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH, ITALIAN & DUTCH)--PRINTED IN WEST GERMANY

3. BRAUN PC 4 STEREO MANUAL--16 COLOUR PAGES INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS---5.7 INCHES BY 5.4 INCHES--SIX LANGUAGES (ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH, ITALIAN & DUTCH)--PRINTED IN WEST GERMANY

4. CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK61 OPERATING MANUAL--16 COLOUR PAGES INCLUDING FRONT & BACK COVERS--5.5 INCHES BY 7.5 INCHES--ENGLISH & FRENCH--PRINTED IN CANADA

5. CLAIRTONE-BRAUN POSTCARD--6.8 INCHES BY 4 INCHES--COLOUR DOUBLE SIDED--ENGLISH--PRINTED IN CANADA

6. CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C SCHEMATIC--8.2 INCHES BY 11.9 INCHES--ONE SIDED

7. BRAUN "GEBRAUCHSANLEITUNG ZUSATZLAUTSPRECHER L 01" --8.3 INCHES BY 5.9 INCHES--COLOUR DOUBLE SIDED & FOLDED--GERMAN ONLY
    CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE one.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE two.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE third.jpg
    CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE four.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE five.jpg
    View attachment 7608 Clairtone Braun SK 61 SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON TORONTO SKYLINE ONE.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK 61 SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON TORONTO SKYLINE two.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN SK-61 DIETER RAMS SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON BOOMBOX TORONTO SKYLINE six.jpg
    CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 5 SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON TORONTO BOOMBOX SKYLINE.jpg CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 5 SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN WELTRON TORONTO BOOMBOX SKYLINE 2.jpg

This "Pocket Transistor-Receiver Model T 3" was designed by Dieter Rams
    & produced by Braun over 55 years ago:
    Which "ground-breaking" Apple product does it remind you of?
    CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN DIETER RAMS WELTRON 2.jpg CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN DIETER RAMS WELTRON 1 .jpg CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN DIETER RAMS WELTRON 3.jpg CLAIRTONE-BRAUN SK 61-C SNOW WHITE'S COFFIN DIETER RAMS WELTRON 4.jpg CLAIRTONE BRAUN LOGO one.jpg

Book: The Art of Clairtone
    The Making of a Design Icon 1958-1971
    by Nina Mink & Rachel Gotlieb
    Published by McClelland & Stewart in 2008
    Outstanding book if you can find it:

THE ART OF CLAIRTONE 2.jpg THE ART OF CLAIRTONE ONE.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  17. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Very Very Very impressive!!!!!!

18. Mystic Traveller

Yep, classy, thanks for sharing! :) :thumbsup:

19. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

My favourites are the Weltron brochures. How come futuristic stuff from the 1970s looks more futuristic than anything made today ? Even stranger the choice then was probably between some square unit with a woodgrain finish (the Atari 2600 is a good example) or something that looks as if it has come straight from the set of 2001 a Space Odyssey.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  20. WELTRON CLAIRTONE BRAUN

Thanks
    Helaba,
    Mystic Traveller
    & Longman

WELTRON 2001 (YELLOW) WITH ORIGINAL STYROFOAM & BOX:

WELTRON 2001 YELLOW PACKAGING BOX SPACE AGE 5.jpg WELTRON 2001 YELLOW PACKAGING BOX SPACE AGE 3.jpg
    WELTRON 2001 YELLOW PACKAGING BOX SPACE AGE 2.jpg WELTRON 2001 YELLOW PACKAGING BOX SPACE AGE 1.jpg
    WELTRON 2001 YELLOW PACKAGING BOX SPACE AGE 4.jpg

Mystic Traveller and Longman like this.