1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiha Screwdrivers

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Mister X, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I have a little spare time in the winter and have been working on some of the equipment. I'm thinking about upgrading my little Harbor Freight Micro Screwdriver to a little better ESD Safe Set. Are there any recommendations? This is the set I've had my eye on, made by Wiha in Germany

https://www.wihatools.com/on-sale/esd-safe-mini-micro-bit-set-39-pc

75980_a.jpg

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

You cannot go wrong with Wiha tools. I have the one you mention and I love it! It is a must-have!!! However, for Walkmans/Discmans i would strongly recommend their System 4 ESD. Somehow the bits are of even better quality (esp. noticeable with 000 and 00) and you can adjust the length without any extension rods.

3. Mister X

Thanks for the input Jorge! My Harbor Freight is similar to the above unit, on that one I can ratchet the extension to the length I want. It looks like the System 4 is set at the length of the bit but it must have the same length adjustment? The System 4 is also double the price for slotted and Phillips while this set has torx and allen head. Now I'm really undecided but still leaning towards this one.

4. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Mister X this sale price is unbeatable, you should definitely grab the set!
    What I meant was that System4 should be Next on your list, with some pressure applied onto your family you might get it "for free";) for your birthday. ( Beats a new pullover! ) There is one going for $30 on eBay but the blades are in black, so I am not sure if its the same quality.

Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

Good idea about the birthday gift Jorge since they don't every get me cassette players. I learned my lesson years ago when my wife went to a huge East Coast Fleamarket and I showed her what to look for, she ended up coming back with hearing aid with a Walkman Size pack attached to it..

Jorge likes this.
  6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Wow! Beats my stories of misplaced/misunderstood presents!
    That is why I just ask for a gift card at Acoustic Sounds... trying to explain the differences between some hi-end coffee grinder which I got last year (and I do not even drink coffee!) and a Walkman is too stressful at my age:)