1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wm-4 idler tyres anyone?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by doublecee, Apr 18, 2017.

1. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Hoping Marian will pick up on this and have an answer... but in the mean time, anyone making the two main drive idler tryes for the wm-4?

I have a pair of really nice units with new belts and pinch rollers, but one of them has really dry idler tyres and not getting any decent traction on any of the relevant parts that the two need to move, spoiling an otherwise very pleasant machine

2. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

giving this a bump

3. Derek marshall

Derek marshall Well-Known Member

Hi Doublecee. I have a wm-4 that I bought back in 1982 a d have used it almost every day. I just like the powerful sound from a well recorded metal tape. Only the belts have been replaced in all this time. Apart from the fast forward/rewind not working, a common problem with the wm-4, wm-1, f-1 etc it sounds fantastic. I never use fast forward, rewind on a y of my units. Sorry cannot help you with your problem but I'm sure Marion could offer you some advice.

4. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Hi back. I removed them all and soaked them in PCL100 Platen-Clene Rubber Print Roller Cleaner for a day and then dried, cleaned of any residue and reinatlled. As good as new.

Jorge and Mister X like this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

It's always nice when you can save the old rollers, at least for a little while, lately I've been running into rollers that turn to goo. I have been looking everywhere for information on roller and belt production, I've been even thinking about a little shop set up, who knows?

Jorge likes this.