1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You got lucky, when I found you!

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Mister X, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

It was a really long day at work, cold, outside, manual labor kind of stuff, my hi-point was my wife taking a photo from up in her high-rise office of me down on the street in my hi-vis yellows 10 blocks away. After work. I was kind of in the mood for a metal saw for a project I'm working on cuz the saw-zall just wasn't cutting straight enough. Nothing on Craigslist, so I searched for some other things and nothing good came up or it's lot's of money. Somehow, I mis-spelled something and three nice boxes came up. I saw the name through the photo, but just barely. I've been looking for any of this brand for years! The ad was 28 days old so I figured they had to be long gone, including the one I really wanted. I emailed I was interested and I would also was in the area tonight so it worked out perfect (along with the full moon). I didn't hear back for a couple hours and had to head out, there was a phone number so I tried calling. The nice women said her husband has a fire pit and he'll be out there most of the night. I inquired if the boxes were sold (no) and if I could stop over before my appointment (yes).

I ended up getting this guy, a Technics SB-F09, and upon first plugging it in I searched through the stations, nothing...there was some life to it but I must be missing something with the buttons. There were two switches for the tuner, synced both of those, then, yes, that awesome VU Meter came to life. Truly amazing if you haven't seen one like this (I haven't). On top of it Promises-Promises by the Naked Eyes came on the 80's station and sounded great! Yep, feeling good right about now.

DSCN0472SM.jpg

Radio Raheem likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that Technics is deep, maybe a foot or more. So the other two boxes he had listed were a Sanyo Egg, which is actually kind of cool in the photo, and a Hitachi, which he thought was the best. There was no model numbers and the photos were just a hair better than an Arkay Description, but I knew they had something special. I didn't really look over either a lot, I'm just happy if the battery door is and antenna are there. It's been a good two weeks of hunting around here, and I'm on auto pilot compared to the old days.

DSCN0473SM.jpg

Risingsunproject and retro like this.
  3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Excellent two great finds and a Technics to! Just shows they are still out there if you hunt about