My walkman collection

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by vinchy, Apr 5, 2018.

1. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

There were 10 in the YPPY range, 3 with plastic bodies, 3 with metal bodies and 4 in the fabric bags. I have YP-ES20 'River Digger' and YP-ER20 'Salt Lake Glider' but I'd love to own them all. They are pretty basic Walkmans, but I love the designs on them, and the fact they were a pretty limited release, I believe only for 1 year. More info here http://www.walkmancentral.com/products/yppy-series

Your yellow fabric one YP-EW22 is called 'Para Lovers', YP-ER21 is called 'Ocean Singer' and YP-ES22 'Pool Splasher'.

You have a nice collection of Walkmans, I too love my TPS-L2, even more now I've re-belted it!

Boodokhan and vinchy like this.
  2. vinchy

vinchy Member

Creo que hay algunos más, pero no sé en qué año están.

La imagen es de un walkman que vende eBay.

Le envié un mensaje al vendedor, para ver si lo volvería a poner en el mercado, así puedo ponerlo en mis manos. Screenshot_20180510-184054.jpg

3. vinchy

vinchy Member

4. stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time Well-Known Member

Hi! That's a nice collection

What's the model number for the Sears (?) in the upper right?

5. vinchy

vinchy Member

Well, I don't know.

as soon as he got home, he looked for him and took more pictures for me to see.

6. stuck-in-time

I have an identical unit rebranded locally. The only Indonesian branded unit I've found so far!

Opening it up, found out that it was actually a Kasuga. I just find it interesting to make a list of "related" walkmans.

vinchy likes this.
  7. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

There were 10 of the series YPPY as stated above and they were only available in UK for one year 1996 . They are basic models in effect and sold well, I believe, in the Japanese market but were they were poorly received in the UK. I managed to get all ten at once from a German seller who had two complete sets. He also had the stand which was available to display all ten and I recall seeing it on a web site . I recall paying about £90 for the lot which I thought was quite a bargain. I also have some other boxed ones as well as as the ones bought from the German seller were all unboxed as i recall. I will have to check that out .I would send photos but I am having trouble as my i-pad will nor download photo images for some reason

lupogtiboy and vinchy like this.
  8. vinchy

vinchy Member

[QUOTE = "PHILIP [, publicación: 23250, miembro: 624"] Hubo 10 de la serie YPPY como se indicó anteriormente y solo estuvieron disponibles en el Reino Unido durante un año en 1996. Son modelos básicos en vigencia y se venden bien, creo, en el mercado japonés, pero fueron mal recibidos en el Reino Unido. Logré obtener los diez a la vez de un vendedor alemán que tenía dos juegos completos. También tenía el stand que estaba disponible para mostrar los diez y recuerdo haberlo visto en un sitio web. Recuerdo haber pagado alrededor de £ 90 por el lote, que pensé que era una verdadera ganga. También tengo algunos otros en caja, así como los que compró al vendedor alemán fueron todos desempaquetados, como lo recuerdo. Tendré que verificarlo. Enviaría fotos pero estoy teniendo problemas ya que mi i-pad no descargará imágenes fotográficas por alguna razón [/ QUOTE]

A bargain at that price, since they're asking for a lot more now.

if I'd like to see any pictures from your collection.

9. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

Tentaré de mostrar unas photos cuando resuelvo el problema con mi I-pad .Muchas gracias para? la traducción anterior .Debería haberlo tentado en español yo mismo Ps mi ordenar quiso decir "Unas Chotas" .Es bueno que me di cuenta.Caramba!!!!!!!!!!

10. lupogtiboy

Philip[, I may just be slightly jealous that you have them all! And a bargain price too! I think I paid around £40 for the Salt Lake one, does have its box, and around £50 for the other one, that also has its box, instructions, warranty card and a couple of postcard things if I remember correctly.

11. vinchy

vinchy Member

[QUOTE = "atrapado en el tiempo, publicación: 23246, miembro: 258"] ¡Hola! Esa es una bonita colección

¿Cuál es el número de modelo de Sears (?) En la esquina superior derecha? [/ QUOTE]
    Tomé algunas fotos para ver mejor. Lo compré roto, lo abriré solo por la correa. Cuando lo abro, pongo algunas fotos del interior

12. vinchy

vinchy Member

I have some problem to put the photos, because they don't load, as soon as I solve it I put the photos. I apologize for that.

13. vinchy

vinchy Member

14. stuck-in-time

Sorry, back then I meant the one on the left (other side) :( I must have mis-typed...

The Grudig is a very nice early unit though, been trying to get one in good shape.

vinchy likes this.
  15. vinchy

vinchy Member

20180513_222748.jpg
    Okay, no problem.

I have no idea what brand it is, I can only tell you that I paid very little for it and that it shouldn't work.

I'll put some pictures on you and you'll tell me.

or if anyone can report it, I appreciate it. 20180513_222659.jpg 20180513_222723.jpg

stuck-in-time likes this.
  16. Antoni

Antoni Active Member

Super collection

vinchy likes this.
  17. stuck-in-time

Ah yes, it;s the same as mine. It's a Kasuga rebranded as Sears.

vinchy likes this.
  18. vinchy

vinchy Member

Okay. Okay. I read about something in this forum, related to kasuga that was bought by another brand, but I don't remember what it is.

19. lupogtiboy

Kasuga is the original name for Kenwood, Longman helpfully found that out for me!

vinchy and stuck-in-time like this.
  20. vinchy

vinchy Member

[QUOTE = "lupogtiboy, post: 23373, member: 1005"] Kasuga es el nombre original de Kenwood, ¡Longman lo descubrió amablemente! [/ QUOTE]

I remember reading it here, but I didn't know if it was in some boombox or walkman thread.

Thank you very much.