Hello from Utah!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by CosmicDownpour, Oct 18, 2018.

1. CosmicDownpour

CosmicDownpour New Member

I'm fairly new to the tape scene, but very much interested.
    I made an account on tapeheads the other day and figured I should have one here too.

I work part time as a security guard during the day (currently looking for a full time job), and do digital art and internet lurking at night.

I'd describe myself as a friendly individual that takes an interest in science (both real and sci-fi media), and enjoys poking about technology and writing, drawing, and watching cartoons/comics along with enjoying the occasional anime.

I'm currently working on a project to reverse engineer an "audiocraft cc-1 cassette cartridge" (a novelty product from japan that minimized cassettes to single reel cartridges a 3rd the size of cassettes that fit into an adapter cassette) so that I can make an open source 3d printable version for people to play with.
    I'll make a post later describing it more later when I have more work done on it.

Don't be afraid to say hi or ask me any questions!

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to S2G! :wavey:

a novelty product from japan - never heard of that yet - any links would be much appreciated. :)

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I grew up watching Speed Racer and Star Blazers and still think they are cool 40 years later. I feel like the most important part of your project is the reels and they should be metal and plastic, do you have access to a lathe and an mill?

4. CosmicDownpour

YouTube channel techmoan did a really in depth review of it and a similar product.

5. CosmicDownpour

I think I could make that work if I implemented teac o'casse reels and use clear filament for the cartridges.
    I /wish/ I had a lathe and mill!

Boodokhan likes this.