Hi

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Sol, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Sol

Sol New Member

I'm here, because I am looking for somebody to repair two portable stereos (walkmans) I have. One is by Sony, the other is by Panasonic. I couldn't find a model number on the latter. It's an auto reverse unit, that is black and red, and has the word "way" on one end. I really loved this one too! And the eject button got broken too after what happened that caused it to start acting all wonky and what not.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, post some photos so we can see if it's something easy or if they need extensive work.

3. Sol

Sol New Member

Attached Files:

4. Mister X

They look pretty basic, sometimes you can reassemble the pieces with superglue, epoxy or solvent depending on the plastic used. These probably have a few screws on the back that once removed can show if there's any damage on the inside or if they just need new belts and some cleaning. Probably not worth taking anywhere but a fun project to learn basic maintenance.

5. Sol

Sol New Member

Not worth taking anywhere? Well I sure don’t know how to fix em and I’d rather take them to somebody who is experienced in doing it.

6. Mister X

I meant that it would be cheaper to find replacements on the internet than getting charged big dollars to have them looked at.