design on Acrylic

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Boodokhan likes this.
  2. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

When made the windows for the WM30 I used the same UV printer. Mirrored the image so it would be on the inside when applied to the Walkman. Only issue I found and is unavoidable with that printer is the graininess on the print. I didn't play around with colors much so I had to do 2 "overprints". Basically printing it two times on the same acrylic so I could get a deeper color.

Patex and Boodokhan like this.
  3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Let me know if you want the WM30 ones I made up. I can give you a link via dropbox for the files.

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I am sure there will be some members who will need this part. what format is your WM-30 acrylic file?

5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

The files are PDF but I can change them to Illustrator or Photoshop too. The designs aren't perfect but someone with more skill with Illustrator can clean them up. The only problem is getting something to replicate the chrome parts. I had to use chrome adhesive vinyl and cut them out carefully to suit. I'll dig out the files in the next few days.

Boodokhan likes this.
  6. Boodokhan

Some update on this topic.
    I am still working on this project and got more experience. Now i can assure that any acrylic part can be made in almost perfect condition.
    I received some Toshiba walkman without acrylic and made few samples. So i want to know what you think. I am still working on WM800 acrylic. On final project there was a mistake during printing process and i have to redo it again. Meantime @Machaneus can send me his address to receive a sample for his broken walkman. I will update you about next project again. Meantime I will be working on design on leather/ fake leather (leatherette) for walkman case. Maybe my next topic will be "design on leather" if i find it interesting. it will be customized for each walkman with different variety.

Toshiba walkmans need acrylic.jpg Toshiba acrylic 3 installed.jpg Toshiba acrylic  blue and brown.jpg Toshiba acrylic  yellow and green.jpg Toshiba acrylic 6 different colors.jpg

Emiel, Patex, Jorge and 3 others like this.
  7. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Oh hell yea!! Well done. They look amazing

8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice job, that's what makes the forum special, the get it done attitude. You might be up for some honors, this is very special work.

9. Boodokhan

Thank you Mister X
    I am still working on this project.

10. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Wonderful job Boodokhan , those Toshibas look lovely , great project with great potential , inspiring and refreshing.

Thank you my friend , really appreciate it.:) Pm sent.

11. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Today I received a small package that contained, very carefully placed, these nice parts :

DSC02380.JPG

As you might recall from the 1st page of this thread Wall-E presented a Sony WM-W800 with broken A side window.
    Boodokhan send me a window sample when one was ready for use and I can't thank him enough for that.:bestfriends:

I was impressed by the quality of the sample, minor differences from the original can be observed only side by side, otherwise you'll be hard pressed to tell if it is original or not , congrats Boodokhan .:thumbsup:

Used a hair dryer to remove the broken window, I warmed slowly both sides of the door while gradually pushing the window from the back trying to feel when the glue is melting.
    Boodokhan told me he had good results with the mirror self adhesive tape that he send me and he was absolutely right ,the mirror effect in the original part is a bit more smooth but again you can tell the difference only in direct comparison.

Adhesive material melting Mirror finish tape
    DSC02388b.jpg DSC02377b.jpg

Before After
    DSC02382b.jpg DSC02396b.jpg

Ohh I almost forgot Wall- E wants to say hallo to Boodokhan.;)

DSC02407bc.jpg

RTB, Patex, Boodokhan and 2 others like this.
  12. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Un-Freaking-Believable!!! And this Dude (@Boodokhan) says that "I" am good at restorations!!!...??? He (@Boodokhan) is F@%^& God!!! Haven't seen anything like this at my fav plastic-modellers sites!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! now I have to buy me some Tosh ;)

Machaneus and Boodokhan like this.
  13. Boodokhan

@Jorge , cosmetic restoration is not comparable to mechanical and electronic restoration. Wish I had your expertise.
    @Machaneus , I am glad it worked out for you.

Jorge and Machaneus like this.
  14. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Good work guys, another one saved :)

15. Jacky Chen

Jacky Chen New Member

Nice job

Boodokhan likes this.
  16. groundlessfears

groundlessfears New Member

Good Day, can you please share the design for WM-30 ? that will be great. you can email me the link at (info@smokegrafix.com), I bought a new desktop laser engraver/cutter. maybe I will try something with it.

17. Boodokhan

I have PDF version of WM-30 acrylic window. This file is created by @buzbox .

Attached Files:

Emiel likes this.