Best deals: Walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

SeanMT and Boodokhan like this.
  2. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

HI Boodokhan

I understand from Gesua Galante that she has put up for Auction on your thread her husband's TIFFANY boxed Sony Walkman WM-701 C. Can you let me have details of the auction as I cannot see it on here at this time .Many thanks Philip

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

She sent me a private message and we talked over private messaging. It was not placed in this thread . She has a valuable and highly collectible walkman. I do not have this model and hope to find one someday. Unfortunately there is a small problem that I cannot buy this walkman at this time the way it is offered. Someday I might travel to New York and buy this one if still available.

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

5. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I just thought I would add a random picture of some of my walkmans 20190302_145038 walkmans from phone via email 20190302_145038 walkmans from phone via email.jpg

6. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Anything for sale?

7. Cassette2go

if you are asking me the answer is no but if you are making a offering a price with a model brand a model number that I may have then yes. This is like saying what is the weather?

8. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Ok my mistake. But please don’t post random photos in a thread about walkmans for sale. Your collection deserves its own thread

Cassette2go likes this.
  9. Cassette2go

Yes sir you are correct as I have re=read the title here and thought about it a bit as it does not ( say for sale Best deals Walkmans ) but it is about items for sale! as I looked back to the beginning of this thread. So I may get more questions about this but None of anything in my above picture is for sale ((( My mistake to post That Picture here ))) …. Yes in time when I get down to just the walkmans and no more boombox then you will see more about these model's. Gee what was I thinking when I posted THAT picture to a sales thread.... Now that I understand that it is a sale thread.....

10. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Sanyo EP-7es on Ebay for EUR 200.00, best offer accepted. all accessories including original box included

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Balade...d86861b79:g:RDMAAOSw3BFcjNs5&autorefresh=true
    upload_2019-3-22_7-52-27.png

PROS:
    This model is one of the best collectible walkman units by Sanyo brand
    All accessories including original box in good shape included
    best offer is accepted

CONS:

Walkman itself doesn't work (most probably). maybe belt issue :iconconfused:

Dino, Cassette2go and speedy2.0 like this.
  11. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Some of the Sanyo models like this are such awesome design!

12. Cassette2go

=======================================================================
    Rare Baladeur Walkman Player Sanyo Ep-7es With Box
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Balade...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
    Condition Used Ended Mar 22, 2019 , 10:26
    Sold for EUR 200.00 Approximately C $303.78
    Shipping: EUR 26.00 (approx. C $39.49) Autre livraison internationale standard
    Item location Aix les Bains, France Shipped to Where in the Worldwide
    Rare Baladeur Walkman Player Sanyo Ep-7es With Box
    Belle état non testé car pas d’accumulateurs et la batterie semble Hs
    complet avec boîte d’origine et écouteurs qui fonctionne
    Acheteurs non sérieux s’abstenir Merci
    English: Rare Sanyo Walkman Player Player Ep-7es With Box
    Nice condition not tested because no accumulators and the battery seems Hs
    complete with original box and earphones that works
    Non-serious buyers abstain Thank you

13. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Mister X and Cassette2go like this.
  14. greg

greg Member

Two for sale, identical photos...what are the chances? Zero methinks. I smell something rotten...

15. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

What’s the other listing? Might have to delete

16. Cassette2go

I wake up this morning to a Fresh email from stereo to go,
    Best deals: Walkmans - New reply to watched thread
    Stereo2go community <admin@stereo2go.com>
    Sun 3/24/2019 4:04 AM
    You
    Stereo2Go forums
    Cassette2go, greg replied to a thread you are watching at Stereo2Go forums.
    Bestdeals: Walkmans
    greg Two for sale, identical photos...what are the chances? Zero methinks. I smell something rotten...

1. What do you smell in the internet, smells like bad house-keeping.
    2. Have you contacted the seller in ebay about why the listing are about 10 minutes apart and say something different in each one?
    3. Have you ever tried to correct a listing without creating another one in ebay?
    4a. Do you even have a ebay account yourself? I do.
    4. I suspect a bad internet connection.
    5. Is this what other people in the world are to expect to witness other people blasting other people effort's to sell something without any Diligent research, as you know people searching for this item will also be directed to this thread in time.
    6. Just my observation in this; ( Best deals: Walkmans - New reply to watched thread )

greg's reply  New reply to watched thread smells something rotten Two for sale.jpg

17. greg

greg Member

Maybe have a coffee before you go posting screendumps with a large quantity of personally idenfiable information and alarmist reactionary accusations, yourself. Hyperbole never got anyone a sensible reaction when they wanted sensible discourse.

Command8 likes this.
  18. greg

greg Member

Double posting from the seller. Different times of auction end. Generally sets my own alarm bells ringing when I see that.

19. Cassette2go

When I get a email about a replay to this thread (Best deals Walkmans) I quite simply EXPECT to view
    a 'best deal' period.
    I do not expect to, read about somebody destroying somebody else's Honest effort to sell something
    in a commercial website without Fully investigating all that there is to know about any such listing
    and also contacting the seller to ensure that all is correct before going to...
    I had to look this up 'Hyperbole' exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally, yeah ok.
    Yes Literally the moment anybody hits 'post reply' then that comment is in the internet forever, I know
    about this.
    I do not know this seller or this item but I do not Post stuff like this in a open forum with out
    first having done 'due diligence' "careful and persistent work or effort" of detective work on my own
    before making a posting like this and yes I love screen-shots as they are forever too.

Ok I have had my coffee, and been to church & Now uploading a video right now { youtu.be/GPfCx7dTaA0 )
    and now typing this then I am going to vacuum the house while it uploads - so it may not be viewable
    if I post this before it finishes :)
    and I have more to do later today like go an donate a bicycle bid on another boombox not as super rare like the one I
    asked the seller to relist for a lower start price of $300.00 over 10 days or was it 7 ago I just don't remember but I won it
    YES for lower than his previous starting asking price and with-in my budget for this and next month
    To whom this may concern and if the shoe fits what have you done today?
    ok I have read and re-read this and I am now pushing the post reply button ok as once I do I cant say there it goes so I am saying it now :)

20. greg

greg Member

Two questions, do you use commas, and, why are you uploading your house?

And, glad you metered your hyperbole, but not quite sure how being so contrite and penitent is going to make you feel better when the sense of guilt clearly fills your boots, but I'm not sure about what.

Happiness is a warm gun, as the saying goes.