Discman D-33 moment of panic

Discussion in 'Discmans, Minidisc, DCC and other players' started by The Shocker, Sep 29, 2019.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker New Member

Been happily using my Discman D-33 all weekend. I pulled a CD out about 15 minutes ago, and the center spindle was stuck to the CD!

I pushed it out and put it back in the center of the CD player, smacked a disc on and pressed play. It made a slightly odd noise and then began to play. I stopped the CD, and removed it by applying light pressure to the center spindle while pulling on the CD from the edges.

The CD came out clean and the next one I put in played just fine without any odd noise.

I'm guessing the "odd noise" was the motor rubbing against the spindle till it lined up properly.

So, now the questions:

1. Is this a known issue? I must have just grabbed by the edge and pulled without realizing it. I assume some type of light pressure on the spindle is expected when removing a disc?
    2. Should I worry about this? Can this be glued down to prevent it from happenign again?

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Are you talking about the piece on the cover, usually a small platter held in with a spring? I think those are just press fit into place in most units and not glued or screwed.

3. The Shocker

The Shocker New Member

The piece in the middle with the 3 ball bearings.

[​IMG]

4. nev4eh8959

nev4eh8959 Member

1) Yes I'm kinda sure you should apply pressure on it when removing a disc.
    2) No it's not necessary and if one day the motor dies your will struggle to remove the platter...
    Hope this helps!