Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Do you know if the JVC had a kangaroo CD player?

2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

yes it did but i don't have it Sir it went in that bottom draw.....also regarding comments further up, sony was the first with cd on a boombox, that's what all members said 25 years ago

i can't remember the model but autoreverser had one lad so maybe he can comment and shed some light....

3. Radio Raheem

i'll post it here, made in 84 85 i think, much better looking than any phillips imho....sorry lads

the sony cfd 5

278f81b394bbd708523e416f572eea22.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Mister X likes this.
  4. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

I would believe Sony did it first, they already had the engineering department doing the small stuff. I'll try to do some data mining.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Radio Raheem

there is a sony on ebay, they say 1986....also i have a panasonic from 1986 so the phillips may be a winner guys:wink2

7. Radio Raheem

they also state the sony was first so the plot thickens lol

8. Mister X

9. Mister X

10. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

That is the £10000 question. Back when MiniDisc was being promoted at a reasonable price for new units I thought about getting one and then thought "I already have three formats; LP, Cassette, and CD. Do I really want a fourth ?" and concluded no. I don't know about younger collectors, but I suspect most collectors are trying to buy the things they either had or wanted in their youth. If I saw the same model of Philips car Radio Cassette I fitted in my car in about 1996 New Old Stock, for that price I would be far more tempted. It took me a couple of months to even find a picture of the exact model.

........ and just to prove the point about collecting; Underneath Ebay was showing me Kienzle clocks. Why? Last night I was looking (again) for the exact model of clock my parents had in their dining room throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Mister X likes this.
  11. Mister X

I look at it a little differently, the MD had this huge eco-system and right now all of the equipment is available, although the high-end commercial equipment is still very expensive, most of it is still reasonable. Most of the units never dropped into mass-marketed crap, even the bare bone models are pretty cool looking. There's enough space on the discs to make them just as cool as cassette players but with more convenience and much smaller footprint. I feel like they will be just as sought after as other portable audio is today.

12. Mister X

I love the mini's, here's a little Sanyo MS30 from the later 80's. There is a lot of plastic on them but the buttons are capped with cool 80's colors, they delicately balance on the line of cool/crap. I do like mine and think it looks good on the shelve but it's the only "new logo" Sanyo I own. They tend to be somewhat rare with a sighting every year or so.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-M-S30-MS30-Cassette-Stereo-Boombox-Radio-Tested/265004275048?_trkparms=aid=555021&algo=PL.SIMRVI&ao=1&asc=20190711100440&meid=e083727d0ea24ed5839b7dfec92e1cc0&pid=100752&rk=3&rkt=8&mehot=pf&sd=274647445228&itm=265004275048&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplRVIAMLv5WebWithPLRVIOnTopCombiner&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Sanyo MS30.jpg

13. Mister X

Danial Technology RMP-9 Stereo Microcassette play only deck. These were used to play back microcassette tapes for forensic work, this is stereo and it looks like the inside is from Sony. I don't know how good the sonics are but I would expect good because of the work they were used for. These retailed for a few thousand dollars when they were new. The outputs look like BNC but you can buy adaptors for RCA.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Tec...694480?hash=item4dbb876550:g:DecAAOSwCGlgAfLY

dt.jpg

14. Mister X

15. Radio Raheem

I remember Kittmaster, gone like so many, he made an m90 remote, we were all backing it but then he came up with the final price of 250 pounds lol hell i was getting m90's cheaper than that lol....yes he made a replica of the transam i saw it, was even full remote control lad

He also had the conion c100 service manual and wouldn't share it with anyone else lol

i started sharing manuals over 15 years ago, something im proud of, then boomboxery followed suit

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Mister X likes this.
  16. Daniela

Daniela Active Member

Oh wow, the Hoff looks sober on the pictures of the auction :cool:
    Liked the series back those days...

sorry, off topic

Mister X likes this.
  17. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Mister X and Jorge like this.
  18. Mister X

I don't look for many CD players but isn't that one pretty rare with the radio?

Jorge likes this.
  19. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Yes, extra $100 for the radio in D-55T and D-T10 did not go well with the buyers and not too many were sold. Although these same models but w/o radio are my all-time-favorite Sonys, I tend to avoid D-55T/D-T10. Extra flex-board from the lid adds to the pains of unraveling wire-spaghetti of these early Discmans.

Mister X likes this.
  20. Mister X

Radio Raheem likes this.