looking to restore an Aiwa HS-G35, advice on repro labels

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by syndicalex, Jul 12, 2020.

1. stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help

mattb1970 likes this.
  2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Its not the printer that make the object size to the correct one, Its your design. If the object in your design is 30mm x 30mm then printer will print exactly the same size. You need to use a design tool that allow you to change the size of object. I use Corel Draw which is the best design tool.

3. syndicalex

syndicalex Member

Thanks, I have an old Photoshop, I suppose that will do the job!

4. stuck-in-time

Regarding the position, though, would you position and rotate your design to fit a square the size of the walkman door, or would you just adjust the size and place the walkman door itself on an angle on the flatbed printer and place it according to where the logo should be?

5. Boodokhan

On your design software choose custom size media/paper. and enter the 2 dimensions of your walkman door (width and length).
    On your flatbed printer setup enter the height of printed media (usually less than an inch).
    Once you enter the dimensions your design software will see this as a simple paper. Walkman door should be placed at the corner of print area)
    to avoid any possible miscalculation its better to cover the walkman door with a layer of very thin plastic (like cling wrap) and let the first time printing happens on the plastic. If you are happy with the result, remove the plastic and push the print button again.

6. stuck-in-time

Ah, thank you. That test-printing in a separate layer is a very good idea, didn't think of that before.

7. RTB

RTB Member

Hi @syndicalex
    Do you have any update on what you did to your HS-G35?
    I recently bought one in working condition but it does have a few marks on the back of it and the paint has worn away - probably from the now missing belt clip.

Has anyone got any advice on how to repair / paint the back case - or just leave it and try to hide it with a belt clip:thinking: Or just sell it on :) 20210118_120921.jpg 20210118_122320.jpg 20210118_121038.jpg

8. Boodokhan

It is almost impossible to paint the scratch sign of gray color plastic plate (black metal plates are ok), It will be visible no mater what you do. You can still paint it and make it less obvious.
    The only way you can make it perfect is if you use airbrush and paint the whole back plate with the right color.

RTB likes this.
  9. groundlessfears

groundlessfears New Member

You can fill this part with some good filler, I used to fill these with Epoxy, or use any Good A+B Glue which dries fast, then file it with sandpaper to make the surface equal, and then spray paint it. i have fixed many damaged plastic parts like that.