VICTOR JVC 3090EN needs your help!

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Risingsunproject, Aug 1, 2017.

1. TonyTe4c

TonyTe4c New Member

Hi, I own one of these beasts also and on my first post I know it's a bit of a cheek but my JVC 3090 has a 'wonky eye' shall we say... ( TV isn't working right ) and I wondered, well hoped rather you might be able to share the TV portion of that manual you bought, I can give you something in exchange if you like, I'm not an electronics expert but because of my poor JVC I've been learning a lot about electronics etc over the last few months and I can tell you that in my case the particular problem revolves around the CRT being able to draw 'retrace lines' correctly, the 'blanking circuit' so called, the result is white lines across left to right across the screen with a ghostly faded signal, I have been looking at the CRT board itself and I've been identifying components and researching CRT faults etc... great fun, really absorbing... I'm no Shango066 but I'm just now getting to grasp the nettle so to speak... in my case I think a resistor has failed, all the capacitors have been replaced by my good self and I've still got the 'retrace lines' thing... could be a number of things... but a service manual might be a boon to me... in exchange I could share my JVC 3090 Facia template for photoshop... mine also had it's right facia ripped off, glue went dry and the metal button covers were bend off... shame really, anyway I spent a few weeks designing a replacement and I had some good results... anyway have a think, I have so much in store for this box... if I couldn't fix the crt I was going to wire it up as an oscilloscope to it's own sound coming through the amp... cool, anyway thank you so much regardless, cheers

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome

Many problems like you describe are caused by aging electrolytic capacitors. The ones in TVs tend to be worked much harder than the ones in audio gear, and the heat from the tube and power components will also wear them out quicker. Look up capacitor ESR for an explanation.
    https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/topic/how_much_esr_is_too_much/7657143

3. Robboape

Robboape New Member

No problem for me, it's a pleasure help you. Please write an email and I'll reply with the manual wetransfer link.

TonyTe4c likes this.
  4. TonyTe4c

TonyTe4c New Member

Thank you so much, my email I'll PM you with now
    I'll remove my email link here afterwards, you can view my thread on my JVC on another boombox site here - I hope to fix my JVC's television sooner rather than later as I'm moving home soon, either way thank you so much, cheers to you.

-Tony

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to PM through your dashboard so your email dosn't go public. If you need more secure email Protonmail.com is free!

TonyTe4c likes this.
  6. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

i had both of these in silver and black....if you guys want a boombox that sounds exactly the same get an aiwa tpr 950, just saying

7. Robboape

Robboape New Member

Ciao Tony, I just sent the file. Please enjoy.

TonyTe4c likes this.
  8. TonyTe4c

TonyTe4c New Member

Really appreciated, cheers my man!

9. Bodny

Bodny New Member

Hello, are you able to send me the manual via email please? I've bought myself one 3090 and it needs to be fixed. Thank you!