Sir Mikstape-a-Lot Mixtapes

Discussion in 'Cassettes & Mixtape exchange' started by Del-Uks, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

CDV likes this.
  2. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

3. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

4. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

5. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

6. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

7. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

[​IMG]
    Radiohead – OK Minidisc by Del-Uks, on Flickr

In early June 2019, Thom Yorke's archives were hacked and OK Computer's recording sessions dating from 1995 and 1997 were stolen.
    The Radiohead singer posted a social media message on June 11, 2019, publicly announcing blackmail.
    Not giving in to blackmail, he released all of the stolen content on Bandcamp : 16 hours of music up for sale for £18 and for only 18 days.

All the benefits of the sales were donated to Exctinction Rebellion, a movement fighting against global warming.

Here is my personal selection of the hundred songs released two years ago (edited and remastered by yours truly)… enjoy!

8. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

9. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  10. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

Flower Travellin’ Band

Just 10 years after the death of its charismatic singer, Akira "Joe" Yamanaka (whom some may have seen in the film "Deadly Outlaw: Rekka" by Takashi Miike), I offer you a little mixtape to (re) discover these Japanese Black Sabbath…

[​IMG]
    Flower Travellin Band Mixtape
    by Del-Uks

11. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

Their first album, released under the name Urban Renewal Project was released in September 1971.
    To celebrate their 50 years of career, the Mael brothers treat themselves with a documentary directed by Edgar Wright “The Sparks Brothers(featuring – among others – Beck, Vince Clarke, Flea, Thurston Moore, Giorgio Moroder and Tony Visconti), and with a musical for which they signed the screenplay and directed by Leos Carax “Anette(with Marion Cotillard, Adam Driver and Simon Helberg).

This mixtape is dedicated to their incredible 50-year career.

[​IMG]
    Sparks [Ron & Russell Mael] J-Card
    by Del-Uks, on Flickr

12. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

9/11: A Terror Odyssey (The NORAD Mixtape)
    A mixtape based on true facts

[​IMG]
    9/11 : A Terror Odyssey (The NORAD Mixtape)
    by Del-Uks, on Flickr

20 years after the attacks of September 11, 200, I invite you to relive the madness of this historic day with a mixtape composed of radio exchanges from the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), the musical selection of Stanley Kubrick for his film “2001, A Space Odyssey(Aram Khachaturian, György Ligeti, Richard Strauss and Johann Strauss II), as well as a few rare pieces by Alex North initially composed for the film released in 1968, but ultimately rejected by the director British.

For the record, Alex North was unaware that Stanley Kubrick had decided not to use his music in the final cut of his film, until the night of its first screening in New York. Alex North was paid for his work, but humiliated at the end of the screening, he fell into a depression that lasted for several months.

As a “bonus track”, on the B side, you will hear the Hip Hop track “Song For John Walker”, musical collaboration of the Japanese DJ Krush with the collective of the label Anticon: Alias, Dose One, Passage, Sole, Pedestrian and Why?
    A relentless criticism of “post-9/11” America which evokes the case of John Walker Lindh, an American citizen captured as an enemy fighter of the United States during the invasion of Afghanistan, in November 2001.

13. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

14. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

My name is Tape, Mix Tape…

(Finally) Screened for the first time tonight at the Royal Albert Hall in London, almost two years after its initial release date, No Time to Die, the 25th in the official James Bond series will finally be able to find its audience in cinema theaters.
    This is the 5th and final film starring Daniel Craig, after 15 years in the service of His Majesty.
    And if we already whisper the names of Christopher Nolan (direction) and Tom Hardy (in the skin of the famous MI6 agent), it was time to devote not one, but two mixtapes (we “Only Live Twice” after all ) to the hero imagined by Ian Fleming:

[​IMG]
    James Bond Mixtapes
    by Del-Uks, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    James Bond Themes Mixtape J-Card
    by Del-Uks, on Flickr

A first mixtape paying homage to themes magnificently composed, orchestrated and arranged by John Barry (and sometimes by Burt Bacharach, Michel Legrand, George Martin and Monty Norman).

[​IMG]
    James Bond Mixtapes by Del-Uks, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    My Name Is Bond... Mixtape J-Card by Del-Uks, on Flickr

And a second mixtape to rediscover the vocal interpretations of Louis Armstrong, Shirley Bassey, Chris Cornell, Billie Eilish, Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders), Tom Jones, Simon Le Bon (Duran Duran), Paul McCartney, Nancy Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, Thom Yorke (Radiohead), etc.

For Your Ears Only.

https://www.del-uks.com/007-my-name-is-bond-james-bond-themes-mixtapes/

15. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

16. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

17. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

Swell Mixtape
    [​IMG]
    Swell Mixtape
    by Del-Uks, on Flickr

The other day my daughter-in-law asked me if I remembered the first concert I saw.
    I was unable to answer him.
    On the other hand, I told him about the first concert that I remember and which continues, even today and 30 years later, to have a major impact on my relationship to music ...

Swell was a San Francisco band formed in 1989 by David Freel (vocals / guitar) and Sean Kirkpatrick (drums).
    They will be joined a year later by Monte Vallier (bass) and for an album only by John Dettman-Lytle (second guitar).

Today, Swell still exists, but it is nothing more than the solo project of its leader, David Freel.

[​IMG]
    Swell Mixtape by Del-Uks, on Flickr

This mixtape brings together the best pieces of the Freel – Vallier – Kirkpatrick trio (as well as the quartet formed with Dettman-Lytle).
    There are excerpts from the radio broadcast (Couleur 3) of their concert in Vernier-sur-Rock, Geneva, Switzerland (November 8th, 1991) and some interventions by Mark Radcliffe (BBC radio).

Enjoy…

18. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

19. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

20. Del-Uks

Del-Uks Member

Ten years after Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, Matt Reeves takes over the reins of The Batman and reinvents the superhero as a tortured detective.

[​IMG]
    “Holy Mixtape, Batman!” by Del-Uks, on Flickr

For my part, I offer you a more playful and colorful Batman with a mixtape paying tribute to the 1966 TV series (the famous Neal Hefti theme) and Prince's compositions for the Tim Burton adaptation (1989).
    Alongside Prince you will also find Nick Cave, Massive Attack, Method Man, PJ Harvey, The Smashing Pumpkins, U2 and The Ventures.

Holy Mixtape, Batman!

[​IMG]
    “Holy Mixtape, Batman!” by Del-Uks, on Flickr