Hello thank you for accepting me into the forum ?

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Psifi, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Psifi

Psifi New Member

My name is Allan and I became interested in tapes in the 1960's. The music in the 60's was fantastic and as a teenager listened to pirate radio (London and Caroline). My first decent stereo was a Sharp reel to reel tape recorder and my cassette was a Sony in 1971. My current passion at the age of 70 are stereo microcassette's and will post some pictures of my large collection.

Jorge, Boodokhan and Mister X like this.
  2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome.

most members here love seeing pictures of other peoples collections so we will look forward to those.

Jorge and Psifi like this.
  3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, I love the stories of people that loved cassettes and R2R and recorded all kinds of stuff back then. We never had pirate radio here but our local college and high school both had "indie" radio stations with no commercials. Back in the 70's and 80's there was so many different types of music, the radio was your best friend.

Please post your microcassette stuff, I'm a big fan of the format. In the early days of the forum a handful of members posted their equipment, which I had never seen before and I ended up picking up odds and ends over the years.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Jorge and Psifi like this.
  4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I guess the FCC was more generous in giving out licenses.
    A film I enjoyed about the pirate radio stations in the U.K. was

which went by the name 'The Boat that Rocked" here in the U.K.

Things changed back in 1967 went the BBC set up their Pop and Rock station Radio 1, taking on many of the DJs who had broadcast from the pirates. Some of them still work for the BBC today but on Radio 2 which has always been aimed at the older generation. You know you are getting old when their programmes include nostalgia show "Sounds of the 90s" which I will be listening to tonight.

Jorge likes this.
  5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard
    members love pictures. I guess you are one of few members who already has a large collection when joining S2G forum.
    Please share some pictures.

Jorge, Psifi and Mister X like this.
  6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Great movie Longman, I watched that on some overseas flight, what a life, hanging out on a boat and playing music with occasional visitors.

Jorge likes this.