Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I think all of the boomboxes are called SR-2100? Here's the site I use for Sears Equipment, I'm also a tool guy and they had some great tools over the years. The first three numbers are the manufacturer's code. Ashai would make sense since I don't think they are on the list.
    http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx

Silver965 likes this.
  2. Mister X

Silver965 and Jorge like this.
  3. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

More intrigued by the (un)labeled boxes in the background tbh! This seller only has 1750 sold items to his name, and is very meticulous it seems :)

Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

Sometimes these guys have some other great stuff, I'll have to go through his listings.

5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

With 1748 items for sale you would have to be very organised. I have sold hundreds of items on eBay but never had more than five listed at the same time. The one time I tried that, people (quite rightly) started complaining about how long it was taking me to post their items.

By the time I have found a box and packing in the garage, printed a label etc it can easily take an hour to get one item out. The last item I sent (a Matchbox train set) needed a custom made box to meet airmail size regulations.

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  6. Mister X

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Radio Raheem likes this.
  7. Mister X

8. Mister X

Check out this beauty, the Hitachi J5 Mini-Stereo. I don't know anything about this and have never seen it before. If this is similar to the earlier Lo-D Mini-Stereos it's probably pretty nice but the speakers kill any big stereo sound. Hopefully it's not a drop-off like the latter aiwa (small case) Systems. You will definately have something unique. Oddly the markings on the back are French or Canadian but it's 60 hz and 120 volts, perfect for the USA Buyer.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/294663179406?hash=item449b4b4c8e:g:AJoAAOSw5OVhxq77

Hitachi j5.jpg

9. Mister X

Some of these early boomboxes are a little less than exciting but if you put them next to later models, they actually look kind of nice and most of these are pretty big.
    Super-rare Hitachi TRQ-222, I'm not sure why these are showing up now but there's a lot of them. The R and L Level Meter is price-less old school. I don't know if I've seen that set up before.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/133859463627?hash=item1f2aa551cb:g:ApQAAOSwwUhhJpv-

Hitachi.jpg

10. Mister X

11. Mister X

12. Mister X

13. Mister X

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  14. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

It's also common for them not to post high-rez photos, so zooming in is impossible.
    They also do not provide complete descriptions. I suspect this might be due to language difficulties, Japan tends to be a rather insular place, and English use is not widespread
    Regarding that Crown, I have one, it's a very well-built unit, but the case is made of synthetic leather, meaning a petroleum product, and every 1-2 months a sticky residue appears on the surface.

Mister X likes this.
  15. Mister X

They sure look nice in photos, does yours have Japanese Markings Reli?

16. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

17. Mister X

18. Mister X

Grundig's have popped on the radar, I only own a Yacht Boy or two multi-band radio from the 80's and their ok (not on display). I'd jump on this if it was in my price range, I love these portable multi-bands with cassettes, there were a small bunch of them from different manufacturers but they tend to be really rare. This is also getting into really tiny boombox territory and maybe an answer to the JVC RC-S22JW?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/274959950489?hash=item4004e3e299:g:rn8AAOSwKcJhThKQ

Grundig cosmopolit.jpg

19. Mister X

Check out this beautiful little mini-stereo from Grundig, again, I don't know anything about these, quality may very but it looks nice. I might be a player on this but 50 HZ/220 Volts is tough but doable. I love the Philips Head Screws to set the pre-set FM stations. The cassette deck might be the best looking micro stereo deck out there.

If anybody has photos of the whole system please post in the brochure section!

The Grundig MR200? Mini Stereo
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/294205732396?hash=item448007362c:g:ZnEAAOSwY4Rgtmyl

Grundig MR 200.jpg

lupogtiboy and Papa like this.
  20. Mister X

Another European Find, they're showing up on USA Ebay, the Philips ART 20/00 (Made in Japan), now this is a beast, it's also kind of different with a tape deck on the front (top) face.

If you have stuff like this your selling, feel free to post your ads! 20 years ago this would have been thrown in the dump.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255328328913

Philips ART 20.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022