Sharp GF500E Cassettes not working

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by DIRead, May 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DIRead

DIRead New Member

I'm looking for a belt kit for my Sharp GF500e! I've looked everywhere and cant seem to find a simple kit. I have the part numbers and I've watched a guy on utube change them but no link to a supplier. I believe they are 70mm x 4mm, 56mm x 1mm and 67mm x 1mm. But I'm not 100% on that. I saw a thread about a gf7500 on here via google but cant find it on the forum. Any help welcome. Also a link to any other parts i may need to get this beauty back up and running...
    Cheers All.

Attached Files:

2. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Active Member

Searching e-bay for "Sharp GF500 belt" pulls up several results. Do they look like the right ones?

For the e-bay seller in New Jersey, drop down menu list to GF-500/z, you will have to figure out what the end letter means and if it will work. I would think so. Checking the service manual on Google, I find it right away at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1183274/Sharp-Gf-500.html#manual ...it says right there on page one GF-500 and GF-500z. Must be the exact same model? The end letters may just mean regions or the unit versions over the several year design life. These belt kits look expensive but should be worth it.

3. DIRead

DIRead New Member

I cant find that seller or the drop down? Could you link me to it pls. Cheers for help.

4. DIRead

DIRead New Member

Found it ty