Playing back old cassettes...

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by 325addict, Sep 1, 2024.

1. 325addict

325addict New Member

I recently bought 280 cassettes... for just 28 Euros. WHAT? Indeed: 10 cents per piece. What do you expect? Well... exactly what was advertised: "these you are not going to put in your expensive Nakamichi anymore!"
    So... the Philips D8444 now eats it's way through one tape after another. Mostly 80s, a very nice trip down memory lane :)

Attached Files:

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice they look like they were well cared for.

3. 325addict

325addict New Member

Yes, these specific cassettes were VERY well cared for. Bought from the same seller. Not part of the 280 I bought for 28 Euros because that is.... another league ;-)

4. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Well-Known Member

Have found a few dozen cassettes in the last couple of years. Foolishly I threw them away with only a cursory look over, not music I was interested in, tapes so old and rough.

I found some old Korean pop tapes a few months back, there were 2 tapes in a set but I threw 1 away, turns out I really like the one tape that was kept by accident and tried out. Have to search Google images or Translate this somehow to find it on youtube!

Mystery_Tape.jpg

5. Michiel

Michiel New Member

Years ago one could get garbage bags filled with old cassettes for almost nothing. Nice to see this is still going on. I remember sorting them for days after a score. There were sometimes real gems in there. Super high end Sony metal tapes or the original TPS-L2 demo tape. Still listen to them occasionally. I like the randomness of the playlist. The Philips D8444 is also a great machine for such a job, after that shitty gear has been fixed.