Virgil Gheorghiu

Aiwa HS-JX101

Aiwa HS-JX101
Virgil Gheorghiu, May 13, 2019
    • Virgil Gheorghiu
      Some people call this fixing... I call it “may you burn forever in cheap repair hell!”
    • Command8
      Holy cr#p! even the PX101 doesnt have that many flex cables. It's like im staring into a 70's spaghetti mess boombox.
    • Virgil Gheorghiu
      @Command8 The PX-101 doesn't have a radio. The radio flex cable accounts for no less than four individual splits, each worth between four and six contacts. In the picture above it's the one entering top right and making its way across, then down, before splitting in two (which splits again in two). It carries radio audio, logic state for the front panel buttons and LCD status, power, etc.

The PX-101 and JX-101 use the same mechanism, which was AIWA's first attempt at a high-quality full logic transport. It's an amazing piece of engineering, sometimes unnecessarily complex (they haven't yet put all the switches directly on the PCB like on later models) and undoubtedly very expensive to assemble and produce. For me, the crown jewel is the motor. I've never seen such a motor in a deck, never mind a personal player!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    AIWA HS-JX101
    Uploaded By:
    Virgil Gheorghiu
    Date:
    May 13, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone X
    Date / Time:
    2018:01:21 07:19:57
    Exposure Time:
    1/120 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 40
    Focal Length:
    4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).