Alan1725

Amstrad

Amstrad 8090

Tags:
Amstrad
Alan1725, Dec 23, 2019
    • Easthelp
      I think I’ve come across this brand of boomboxes once or twice before. (Always online.) I only fully realized that the Amstrad 8090 is a dual-cassette-deck model with top-located controls for the upper (non-recording) deck when I started to watch the February 2018 video by FunMaster of such a unit. (Finished watching the video around 11:38PM, I think.) Uh, the Amstrad 8090 wasn’t actually made in Bulgaria, was it? (FunMaster simply states about the video: “boombox from Bulgaria, Sofia,” notably stating the European nation before its capital city.) Isn’t this stereo the Asian-made, European-market AKA of some brand perhaps better known outside Europe? (Its radio tuner does have a longwave band in lieu of a shortwave band that I would prefer – outside Europe, at any rate.)

Well, anyway, this photo’ by Alan1725 features this fair-sized model in two states: with and without the detachable speakers. The left-hand ‘8090 atop the “full assembly” unit must have been shifted aside to show the bottom-located machine’s top-mounted cassette keys, same as those of the units it’s carrying. (Or to spare the tape-deck keys a squashing, one shrugs.) And, according to a certain Artur Gutner (commenting on the video watched tonight), the “upper deck is detachable and can be [used] as a [Walkman].” Not usually my speed of boombox design, but it does show some versatility.

Thanks for sharing the image, Alan. And, as others must be telling you: welcome to Stereo2Go.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Boomboxes
    Uploaded By:
    Alan1725
    Date:
    Dec 23, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4160px
    Height:
    3120px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).