Request: Photo of the WM-10 battery cover doohickey that always breaks

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by ryanmcswain, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ryanmcswain

ryanmcswain New Member

I'm in the middle of restoring a WM-10, and I feel lucky to have all the big pieces. An eBay seller sent a replacement belt that's too big, but once I get the right one I should be rocking and rolling.

Unfortunately, the tip of the little plastic slider in the battery cover is snapped off. I found the archive of DocP's awesome thread on repairing this series, but the photos of this piece and the repair progress are gone. From the description, it has a special shape that allows it to lock. If you could provide a photo of an undamged piece, or even just the tip jutting out of the battery cover, I'd really appreciate it.

I've attached a picture showing the piece in question. It's the grey bit in the middle.

If anyone has advice on rebuilding this piece, or even has one to spare, please let me know.

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

Just happen to have one next to me but it's not in pieces but hopefully you can get the general idea and someone else may have one taken apart.
    _20181222_160519.JPG _20181222_160545.JPG _20181222_160602.JPG _20181222_160627.JPG _20181222_160644.JPG _20181222_160700.JPG

ryanmcswain likes this.
  3. ryanmcswain

ryanmcswain New Member

Simon, thank you so much for making the time to take those pictures! This should be enough to get me started.

If someone has one loose, I'd still like to see it, and I'm sure it would benefit other folks doing the same job.

Simon likes this.
  4. BobbyMuscles

BobbyMuscles New Member

I’m missing this battery cover on my WM-20. I know this is an old thread, but is there a chance either of you could give me measurements for the pieces so I could try and 3D print one for myself?