Philips D8414 Is It Good?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by LeafxD, Dec 25, 2018.

1. LeafxD

LeafxD New Member

Hi i recently found a philips d8414 for sale online for 55euro or about 62 usd is that a good price i was still going to haggle the price a bit but i wanted to ask is it good and how is the general quality how bout the bass and treble? how well does it recieve fm signals and does it have a line in and if anyone knows how much is the rms power out of the amp? Thanks!

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Looking at pictures online that sounds a bit expensive for what looks to be a mid range box

I have a similar looking Hitachi I bought for £10 at a car boot sale.

Of course how much a box is worth to you depends on a lot of factors.
    Do you get many boomboxes for sale in Finland ?
    There is no point in me saying you could get a box like that for £25 in the UK if postage to Finland takes it up to £50.

Nick on the forum loves anything that is silver (like the D8414) and would dismiss it completely if it was black.

Are you a fan of Philips ?

The D8414 does have the classic boombox look.

Regarding sound quality, you could probably get a newer better sounding Panasonic egg with a CD player for the same money but very few people here like the styling of those.

In conclusion only go for it if YOU think it is worth the money.

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Save your money for something better, Philips have unreliable decks and bad build.

Cassette2go likes this.
  4. LeafxD

LeafxD New Member

here in finland we get very little boomboxes for sale and they are usually in the 50-80 euro range. And My friends mother has a philips sound machine mark II (dont remeber the model) and it had great sound i do like philips but not a big fan of them. Im going to try ajd haggle the price a bit i do have a plan b a 50 euro shap gf-6060h

5. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

I like that model too & am waiting for a cheap one to come along! Some eBay sellers here in the uk ask crazy amounts for these - I have seen £150 plus which is of course way too much!! Factor in a possible broken gear scenario too as they usually break & I am looking to pay around £40 for a clean one!! I like the Philips 508 also but it just isn't worth much sadly & they don't come up often!! I bought the remaining stock of gears & repair kits from Russia last month so am undaunted by having to repair many philips decks!! The Sharp GF-6060 is a great mid range stereo too! I love them! There are many variants of this model however the differences are mostly cosmetic & the number of tuner bands varies by region!!

6. LeafxD

LeafxD New Member

i ended up getting a Sharp Gf-6060H BoomBox (Pic Is A Bit Squashed Because The 2000 x 1600 Pixels Limit) DSC_0126.jpg

Mystic Traveller and nickeccles like this.