Sony 10th Anniversary Tiffany Silver Plated Walkman WM-701T for sale

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by G. Galante, Feb 26, 2019.

1. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi,
    I am selling the Sony Tiffany 10th Anniversary Silver Plated Walkman WM-701T.

I have #182 of the 250 made.

It's tarnished but in very good condition having just replaced the belt. It doesn't snap shut all the time and may need attention however I don't want anyone to try to fix it in case someone make it worse!

It includes: Headphones and battery case and comes in the Tiffany Wood Box.

It belonged to my husband who passed away five years ago and hope to find someone who will take care of it and love it.

Attached please find photos.

Thank you!

G. Galante

Attached Files:

sickly_b likes this.
  2. sickly_b

sickly_b Active Member

that's a beauty - good luck with the sale

3. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi sickly_b,
    Thank you for saying that. She really is and a lot of emotion behind it!
    G. Galante

4. greg

greg Member

Lovely object and clearly lots of good memories!

I hope you can find a good hope for it at an agreeable price, as you're in the right place for sure.

Cheers~~GB

G. Galante likes this.
  5. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi Greg!
    Thank you so much for your support. So far everyone has been very kind and caring about this little treasure!
    G. Galante

6. Sly.

Sly. Active Member

Wow, this looks like an incredible edition!
    Sorry to read your husband passed away. I hope it'll at least end up at a loving user for a reasonable price.

7. MagneticBlood

MagneticBlood New Member

That is an incredibly rare device, hope you will get good money for it. Of course, money is not all, but someone that will pay the 3 to 4 digits amount for that jewel, will care it a lot. I am sure your husband wanted this device to be apreciated, like a technological sculpture. Good luck!

G. Galante likes this.
  8. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi Sly,
    Thank you for saying that about my husband. He was a great man. Yes it's important to me that someone will love and appreciate it! It's beautiful!

9. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi Magnetic Blood,
    I like your description of the Sony being a technological sculpture, my husband was also an artist (paintings, sculpture). I am hoping to find the right person for this!
    Thank you!

10. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Hi Geshua
    I had message from Boodokhan that he has spoken with you but he is not yet in a position to buy your unit ,I am interested in buying it,Do you want to name your price or do you want me to make an offer ,If you want some assurance look at my feedback on e-bay and you will see that I am a prompt and good buyer . ``please let me know wha t you want to do .Philip

11. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi Philip!
    Thank you for checking in with Boodokhan. I do have a price in mind after doing some research and talking to some auction houses and it may be high but I would love to hear your offer. What is your ebay account? Thank you!!!!

12. kent

kent Active Member

Hi G. Galante,
    I want to buy it.I'm a keen collector of walkman,and I have a 701T (No. #135 ) but without the box,could you please let me know the price and how to deal,thanks.
    My email address is:wxkent@gmail.com

G. Galante likes this.
  13. Philip Taylor

Hi Gelusa
    Thanks for replying . I have really no idea what I should offer but I would start at £1250 MY EBAY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS
    I not you have received an e-mail from member Kent . I can only say he has the best collection of anyone on the forum so he would be a worthy buyer of this unit . I do not really want to get involved in a dogfight with him especially as he knows what I have offered I wonder if it is possible for you to name your top price and perhaps we could take it from there Regards Philip

14. G. Galante

G. Galante New Member

Hi Dear Philip,
    Thank you for your information! I did reply to Kent and gave me a price. I've been getting so many different amounts so I put it up for 10K. I did see it on ebay
    for 12,500 but it didn't sell so since it was the only reference I could find I used that as a barometer. It may be a reach and not sure yet!!
    Thank you so much!

15. Philip Taylor

Hi again

Yes I saw that auction price but as you say it did not sell I think it is a fair price for such a rare item but my wife would kill me if i went ahead.I wish I had not spent so much on other units but i never expected one to come up for sale .I wish you good luck and i wouldd be grateful if you could let me know the winning bid .Thanks again.Once again best of luck

G. Galante likes this.
  16. kent

kent Active Member

Hi Galante,
    I reply an email to you,have you received it?
    Hope to hear from you soon.Regards

17. kent

kent Active Member

Hi Philip,
    Thank you so much. I‘ve been looking for it for many years,but only found one without box,it has always been a pity for me.I think this time is an opportunity for me.
    I have been out for a month. I haven’t been to the forum since January and I just went home yesterday.I was lucky to see Galante's post on the forum.Hope I will get it.

G. Galante likes this.
  18. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD SINCE MY OWN POST ABOUT "LOEWE CD-100 CD PLAYER" :wave:

How do you price an "unobtanium"??? $12,000.00?????? A Million?????

As someone whose CD player was pricier than my car, and whose LP player (Naim-ed, Keel-ed Linn Sondek) out-played my CD (Naim CDS3) and SACD (Wadia 781i) players, I like to check my sanity level against the real-world sale prices.

Should any of the involved parties divulge the sale price of this B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-l and UNOBTANIUM piece, that would be real-real nice of you!!! :)

autoreverser likes this.
  19. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

mate, didn't u realize yet: it's POTUS- language, go make a DEAL and then quickly twitter about it :lollegs:

20. Philip Taylor

Hi AUTOREVERSER . What is POTUS mean ? oh I get it now President of the UNITED STATES