WMD6C repair

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Shaun Hinds, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Shaun Hinds

Shaun Hinds Member

So my WM-D6C has been able to play just fine since I got it. It has not been able to fwd or rwd, but I saw some tips on how to fix that here on the forum. Well, while trying to remedy that issue, the machine won't play at all now. It will "run", but the gears that turn the small rubber band (not the larger one) will not turn, and therefore the tape gets eaten by the pinch roller. What should I do now?

2. Shaun Hinds

Shaun Hinds Member

It looks like the spring that has a hook shape at the end is not where it should be. I will upload a photo soon.

3. Shaun Hinds

Shaun Hinds Member

Here is a video of what is happening.

4. Shaun Hinds

Shaun Hinds Member

Ok, so I seem to understand HOW this mechanism is suppose to work, but I cannot get the spring to sit the way it needs to in order for the mechanism to continue moving back and forth, alowing for the cogs below to move.

here is a video from another member who had a similar issue but I cannot seem to replicate his solution.

Boodokhan likes this.
  5. Shaun Hinds

Shaun Hinds Member

I think I have the spring in the proper place, but the cog underneath still will not move (or when it does, only slightly). Here is another video: