Hi Walkman fans

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by MetalJu, Oct 1, 2019.

1. MetalJu

MetalJu New Member

Received my first basic portable stereo when I was 5 or 6, and used cassettes on all sorts of equipment until early 2000s. 3 years ago then I acquired a barely used WM-D6C for a good price, and later got some brand new Aiwa HS-PC 202 MIIIs (that I plan to re-cap).

Most recently I picked up a broken WM-D3 for almost nothing on a flea market and restored it to full working condition by replacing the center gear, counter belt, small gear and capstan tire, as well as cleaning, lubricating and adjusting everything. Still have to print a new battery door :) I'll share the .stl when I'm done.

Information here on stereo2go helped me tremendously many times, so thank you!

Mister X likes this.
  2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

welcome aboard
    It is very interesting to me that new members already have an excellent knowledge of fixing some difficult and complex Walkman units like D3.

Mister X likes this.
  3. MetalJu

MetalJu New Member

Thanks Boodokhan. It's a relief the D3 is considered difficult. mihokm's repair guide helped me out. I worked on other electronics like old home computers and game consoles, but this was very different and challenging.

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, a lot of the old stuff needs a tiny bit of love to work correctly and if you enjoy that, there's a ton of equipment out there looking for a new home.