Panasonic RQ-SX46 - Repair help!

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by xuening, Apr 9, 2020.

1. xuening

xuening New Member

I'm currently trying to repair this model. It is a portable cassette player. But the problem I'm facing right now is that the motor itself seems weird.
    I tried powering it on without any belts attached to it, the motor seemed to rotate back and forth very rapidly, but it does not complete any rounds.
    Hopefully it's still fixable!!
    Thanks a lot!

Ps. I took out the top cover to check what is wrong with the motor

Attached Files:

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the motor.
    If you see a movement on the motor means it is fine. The rest is controlled by electronic parts. Unfortunately Panasonic slimline series are horrible for repair, You cannot verify the function unless you solder the main board.
    once you solder the board back to all pins, then make sure to pay attention to auto reverse pin . if you place it wrong only will work partially.
    also by looking at the picture i am afraid that you might have damaged the board during soldering desoldering process, maybe the picture quality is low but see the 3rd motor pin that shows a possible damage to the board. (hopefully i am wrong)

3. xuening

xuening New Member

Thanks for your help!
    I will try the soldering it again, I might have not solder it back well.
    That was what I was worried as well...my soldering/desoldering skill is really lacking, I might have unknowingly destroyed it. Hopefully this serves as a lesson for me to improve my skills for future repairs!
    Meanwhile let me just cry in one corner for my failed repair

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Don't be disappointed of your work. The experience you gain from this will help you to fix the next one. I hate to admit it but I have destroyed more than 10 of this series. From the experience I gained , fixed more than 20 of them.

5. capStan

capStan Member