Richmond Va Nakamichi & Revox aficionado

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Perryinva, May 12, 2020.

1. Perryinva

Perryinva New Member

Hi, Perry from Richmond, VA (hence perryinva). I’m a cassette head case, especially Nakamichi, Revox, Yamaha & Sony. Some familiar names here and others may know me from tapeheads and audiokarma. I have been seriously restoring Nakamichi tape decks for about 20 years, though as a more serious hobby, not a business but very little I haven’t seen or repaired on most of them. A few I don’t work on.

2. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Nice to see you join us, Perry. How is your backlog on cassette deck repairs?

Nando.

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Perryinva! It's nice to have some experience around, it's nice to see you popping in Elite-ist!

4. Perryinva

Perryinva New Member

Thanks for the welcome, both of you. . Probably about 2 months now. The hard part is that I really can only have maybe 2 decks here at a time for repairs, and some people are fast to send them to me while Others tell me it’s coming...and a month later, still no deck, so I’ve wasted time that someone else could have had their deck done. I just don’t have storage here for the boxes and decks along with my own projects and parts. I see this forum engine is the same as AK.. not a fan. But if topics are cassette related, it can be fun.

Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Don't diss the forum Perryinva :shrug:, this forum may even predate AK but man, there's been some serious growing pains. I joined years ago, I think I was on AK first but I can't remember, I used to love those early days and all of the older guys with so much information. Both forums were a blessing because there were people that still appreciated the old audio technologies and I thought I was one of the few before the internet, it seemed like everybody want a tinie-tiny Bose System.

I was just being facetious about the dissing, I think AK has pretty much used the same forum hosts, S2G has been through a few, maybe four? The last hosts were really bad and membership really dropped, I think it was too much like MySpace, I didn't spend much time here for a few years. The orignal owner moved on and Walkman Archive took over and got us a better host. Unfortunately, the last guys wouldn't let the forum update with all of the old threads without big money so we lost a lot of historical information. One of the wonderful members was able to rebuild a lot of it, it's in the "forum reader" but a ton of the stuff from 2002-2007 is gone forever.

The boombox and Walkman Lovers have kept the cassette culture alive, I was starting to think I was crazy to hold on to big tape decks out in the shop but now I enjoy the new love for this format and all vintage audio. Feel free to show up pictures of your work, even if it's just open tops, we love the electronics. Some of the members have jaw-dropping tape systems and it's almost always cassette related.

6. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Stereo2go Perryinva, nice to see you here.

7. KJ Bleus Parsons

KJ Bleus Parsons Active Member

Greetings Perry ..... Its good to see you participating with the S2G community !!!

Bleusy