Aiwa hs p06 motor noise issue

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Migilus Migilacuty, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Migilus Migilacuty

Migilus Migilacuty Member

Hello! I've been working on an Aiwa hs-p06 sporadically now for a while and all it needs is a new belt (it sounds wobbly) but I've ran into an issue where when I play a tape you can hear this crackly buzzing motor noise through the output. It also used to have a squeally motor but I fixed it with some oil. I think it could be a grounding issue but i'm not good at that kinda stuff.
    thanks.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've got another unit that just showed up with the same grating sound on play. If I had to guess without opening it up I'd say loose wire but I don't have the same player, just going by limited experience over the years. I pulled out a couple other non-audio related electronics projects that turned out to be a little harder than I was expecting so my little player is in cue, hopefully I'll be cracking it open this week.

Check out the My Mate Vince Thread below, he goes through a few units like a beginner but his technique is really good and I think one of his units has a buzzing.

Migilus Migilacuty likes this.
  3. Migilus Migilacuty

Update: I resolved it by re soldering some bad looking connections and a drop of oil on the motor (the bad connections were probably due to this being my first recap job). Really nice sounding Walkman.

4. Robu

Robu New Member

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue. I am also glad that I fund your Thread as I need some help from you. I need to replace belts of P06 and I am not sure how to tka eoff the circuit board. I tried to take it off but it appears to me that there is tiny Side circuit board its connected to, Do I take Solder out and remove that tiny side circuit first? I dont want to mess it up, I love my Aiwa.

5. Migilus Migilacuty

Uh it's been a long time since I took apart my Aiwa but I believe you need to twist some metal tabs holding in the side board? I also think you might also need to de-solder some wires going to the motor.

Robu likes this.
  6. Robu

Robu New Member

hmmm!!
    thanks for your response Migilus. I think I know which tabs you are talking about. I am not in hurry, I will open it up when I feel I have enough information to start working on it.
    opening P06 is a eye opening as to what those guys were designing during those days. genius engineering!

Migilus Migilacuty likes this.