Hello from Detroit!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Talkman, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Talkman

Talkman New Member

Howdy, I am a musician and retro tech enthusiast living in the metro Detroit area. About a year ago, I picked up a mint Walkman WM-3 at a garage sale for $5. I've been lurking this forum here and there to find information on restoring this player to proper working condition (it's 90% of the way there, I think!), but have joined officially to ask some questions about particulars that I could not find information on.

Nice to e-meet y'all,
    -Adam

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Talkman! A lot of great bands came out of the Detroit Area and don't forget Madonna is from Bay City. I have to believe there's some great equipment lurking at the local garage sales in your area. I used to hang out at Lake Michigan as a kid and everyone had a boombox or Walkman on the beach.

Talkman likes this.
  3. Talkman

Talkman New Member

Thanks Mister X, good to be here. I've gotten so many good things at garage/estate sales over the years, in the metro area. This is today's find for *drumroll* $10. Talked them down from $50. Definitely needs new belts, but seems to be in good, working order otherwise!

20200830_164136.jpg

Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've been wanting a Yamaha Tape Deck to go with some of my equipment, great find! Do you have any of the recievers?

5. Talkman

Talkman New Member

No unfortunately, but this will be a good little incentive to keep my eyes peeled for one!

Mister X likes this.
  6. WheelyPanamax2

WheelyPanamax2 Active Member

Welcome to the party! Love Detroit, a great music history. Good luck on your search!