SANYO M-X820K

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Silver965, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Just someone smoking crack like most people are these days, however this is indeed a rare boombox

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I have commented before that an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, not what someone is asking.
    With my recent post about the Sinclair Black Watch I was careful to post a completed listing as what they are "worth".

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

It's funny, I was just looking at Sanyo's last night, the expensive ones. They had a ton of mid-level models that are pretty decent but they also have the super-rare very high-quality models like this one. I don't have any of the these or have I seen one up close but they look like Sanyo put a lot into them. There's not many of them out there, I feel like if your a big executive or a musician with silly money, having a mint condition model is not out of the question.

5. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

No offense, Radio Raheem, but no, most people are not “smoking crack … these days.” :shock :laugh: I mean, a nation or a planet almost full of coked-up dingheads?! Say it’ll never be so LOL!

(So you've joined the “Thousand Messages” club. Congrats – I think.:wink:)

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

That's worth 1000 tops

7. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Yes, the Sanyo M-X820K is one of the most sought-after vintage boomboxes. That sizeable, single-cassette-deck, one-piece machine with that intriguing, horizontally sliding digital-tuner display is sure to fetch a hefty payment every time it’s sold on eBay.

But I think I remember that particular Sanyo stereo is not very beefy. I think Internet images show the rear data panel indicating that the shortwave-tuning version only runs on 26 watts of AC power, slightly less than the 28 watts that power a JVC RC-M50JW (when it’s not running on its ten “D” batteries).

8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

It is nice looking but the side panels look like painted or printed plastic, not much nicer wood. I didn't know it but they use very little wood in structural building in Japan, unlike the USA where just about everything four stories or less is all wood. Even Japanese Vintage Speakers tended to be made in USA. I wonder if they shipped the drivers over here and we built the boxes since wood was much easier to source.

9. Radio Raheem

I have had the sanyo 920 2 of them, this model isn't bought for the sound quality but the looks, if this model actually sounded good it would be fetching far more than the jvc m90 and would be the ultimate king imho

10. Radio Raheem

Thank you Sir....it's a known fact that the nations have lost the war on drugs, certainly ebay has,....years ago we used to go to ebay for a good deal
    now it's the other way around...if it was up to me i would shut ebay down lol

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  11. MUTE AUTO

MUTE AUTO Member

Such a high price? The last time I bought this machine, it cost only 20 dollars

Mister X likes this.