Introduction

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Max, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Max

Max New Member

I am a team member of the DCC Museum, found a thread about us here, and will respond shortly to it. More info About Us

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome Max. Since you are in Germany I wonder if you have been to any Philips exhibitions / museums in the Netherlands. Some of the enthusiasts over at MSX.org have posted about taking their Philips MSX computers to special events at them.

3. Max

Max New Member

I only briefly visited the Philips Museum in Eindhoven after I was at the premiere of the documentary, no mention of DCC was there not even in a timeline of the entire history of the company. I am not into any other old hardware from Philips, I know of nothing as unexplored as DCC on a deep technical level, for example, there are quite a few emulators for Philips MSX but no one can do bit-perfect dumps of DCC right now. The text/graphics standard of DCC called ITTS was IEC standardized but I wrote the first implementation on a PC known to exist, it is currently only working with the demo-data of the ITTS box that was only used for testing after mastering but never released to the public. If you are interested in more details. please go to forum.dccmuseum.com.

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Max!

Max likes this.
  5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

welcome aboard Max
    you got a very valuable collection of equipment. I would like to visit your museum this summer.

Max likes this.
  6. Max

Max New Member

Just write an e-mail to curator@dccmuseum.com, Ralf will be happy to make it possible. To be clear, I am not involved with the physical side of the museum as I live on the other side of the world.

Keep in mind that you can expect it to be in Palm Springs in a much bigger space by then:

Boodokhan likes this.
  7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Max! We've talked about your museum's equipment over the years, as you know, the decks were looked down upon by the music industry (piracy) and we never got a ton of equipment over here. The only DCC I've ever seen was in our lab back in the late 90's when I used to test our cleaning cartridges for tape/8mm/DAT/tape backup drives, etc. I think we had one DCC tape to play with but I've always kept an eye out for more local equipment, unfortuately I haven't found anything yet.