Radiotechnika ML6201

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Tadasas99, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

Soviet made top of the range boombox, or mini hifi system, three parts, deck, radio and integrated amplifier, they can be rearenged, but wont work srparetly, well, tiuner cant, deck works with 12v.
    Its 2x9w, but soviet didnt used rms pmpo or other marketing triks, thats nominal power, so its prety loud.
    Sovirts also ignored dolby nr, so there is no nr.
    Interesting feature, speakers dont use any speaker jacks, clip them on, and they work, but if you conect separate speakers in back these turns off, or if you want unclip and use them separate, there is cable with socked on speakers too.
    Its not in great shape, no fm reception, cassette works with some unperfection, but it looks good 20210227_094840.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Juan Asano, CDV, autoreverser and 2 others like this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing! We don't see too many of the Russian Boxes over here, some have started to show up on Ebay over the last few years.

Jorge likes this.
  3. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

Ebay is good thing to get something you cant get localy, but ebay riping you off.
    This unit cost me 20eu, on ebay its 200eu including shiping, saying its working but no guaranties and refunds, so deal prety much same as mine, mine was no sound from tape.

Mister X and Jorge like this.
  4. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I am afraid to think how much Radiotechnica ML6201 cost then. Daddy bought me ВЕГА-328 around 1982, it was an even 500 roubles (my stipend then, for when I had all-"A" was 45r./month):
    Vega-328.jpg
    (photo stolen from www.shizaudio.ru)

Unlike the rest of my Soviet-era audio toys this one worked without any glitches until 1996 when I left it in the dining area of our Genetics Dept in Kiev, Ukraine. Maybe still there, who knows...

5. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

@Jorge radoomuseum.com says it was 675rubles.
    But not 1982, this was from 1986, so i dont recal inflation

Jorge likes this.
  6. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

ВЕГА-328 priced at three average monthly salaries was unattainable to most people. On another hand, it is just a third class machine ;-)

7. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

Hello radiotechnika,
    what great looking boombox I have a really nice older Phillips one and a 1970s Am/Fm/record player Jc Penny's brand Penncrest model 4375 I am currently restoring it .
    Sincerely Rich

8. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

@radiorich i dont restore it, i just get it because its thing from my childdhood, it has no fm bands, cassette deck well main belt is fine, counter belt gone, and has few electrical problems, i managet to get it playing and glad it didint ended in trash.
    P.s. im planing to get second (now on sale for 20eu) and changing parts maybe solves electrical problems.

9. Jaycambs

Jaycambs New Member

Labas vakaras Tadas :) , kaip tu?.
    I agree there are some fantastic boomboxes in east europe and many owners dont realise the value .
    I visit friends in Lithuania and Latvia and notice most older generation have a radio on a window shelf gathering dust and when i saw "wow thats a nice one" it seems they dont understand how amyone could get excited over just a radio . i have posted a few smaller radio models back to myself a few times . My fave post back being a Hacker-Sovereign II . With its vintage electronics it looks as good inside as it does outside . no pics though as its not a boombox

10. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Have you looked at http://shizaudio.ru/
    I guess it proves that the most attractive items are the ones you previously couldn't get. I have noticed something similar on the USA site cars and bids, with Americans paying crazy prices for Japanese Kei tracks, which were sold in the UK as the Suzuki Carry, Honda Acty etc and people were glad to replace with something better twenty years ago.

As for the Hacker have you ever looked how expensive they were new. Twice the price of a Roberts and those weren't cheap.

11. Jaycambs

Jaycambs New Member

20210404_194142_copy_1024x498.jpg I never looked but its top of my leatherette collection . Nice and heavey when loaded with 2 pp9's

12. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

@Jaycambs sveikas, ne kada papuola uzsienio forume lietuviskai paskaityti.
    I noticed same thing, last weak i saw nice vintage sharp on window, owner shuld be about 65-70years old.
    But we get there, vef radios getting on market, old "valve" radios being restored updated radio bands, so we starting to love vintage not just from japan.
    Just that its not mass event

13. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

About soviet made decks
    [​IMG]

Soviet decks have some power

Mister X and Longman like this.
  14. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I hope that auto-stop works reliably with the size of that motor.

p.s On a Hi-Fi forum there were some pictures of a cassette deck someone had made using a Soviet cassette mechanism that used three separate motors driving the hubs and capstan directly.

15. Tadasas99

Tadasas99 Member

Well i dont remember about autostop, i had this deck when i was about 6-8 years old, o dont think it had one, but i remember gluing my tapes with nail polisher at that time :D
    Peoples are joking that it has washing machine motor.

16. Jaycambs

Jaycambs New Member

Tik rusai naudotu skalbines masinos motora

Only russians would use a washing machine motor :)

Tadasas99 likes this.