SONY DD33 - FF/REW auto shut off problem

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by matic777, Jun 10, 2021.

1. matic777

matic777 Member

I have a problem with DD33, the motor keeps running at the end of the tape - FF and REW only.
    It also doesnt stop if disengaged from the capstan.
    I have replaced the elements marked with red dot on the picture with no success.
    I feel like a blindman in the tunnel in the middle of the night, can someone give me some light please?

Attached Files:

2. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

Q607..?

3. matic777

matic777 Member

I don`t think that motor will work at all if the Q607 was in question

4. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

True ... but if the collector and emitter are shorted ... the motor will always be in motion

5. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

Very True Silver965!
    matic777 do you have a oscilloscope or a digital multimeter ? Because it is time to get yourself down and dirty and start looking at the voltages and waveforms Because Sony did amazing job providing them . have you ever used either of those two items ?
    Sincerely Richard

6. matic777

matic777 Member

Thanks Richard, Yes I have both, multimeter and oscilloscope, by voltages and waveforms you mean those they are written on the schematic?

7. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

matic777,
    Yes, and far as Sony Goes My Repair shop not only repair Sony but we sold them, and we were a factory Warranty service center I have had Sony Factory training back in the day. my repair business is a second income and hobby to me for about the last 15 years Since now my full-time job is helping to teach at a public school My students love when I bring into the classroom some of my older Sony gear like my 1950s pocket radio TR-610 or my Sony Cassette Walkman.

My current Projects are A 27in Sony TV and restoring my 1970s Sony Am/Fm portable radio.

Sincerely Richard

P.S. the funny thing here in my small town there a place I like to eat, and they have a bakery the baker used to work and retired From Sony he worked at the warranty and service center in California.