DCC museum

Discussion in 'Other formats: DCC, MD, Reel 2 reel, CD...' started by tomtom87, Aug 22, 2020.

1. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

A bit disappointing that they don't have a publications / literature section

Some time ago I sent them a link to an article all about the launch of DCC from

http://www.pepnet.org.uk/Archives/Archive.html

For anyone interested in Philips (I am because I work in what used to be one of their factories) there is loads of interesting history there.

3. tomtom87

tomtom87 Active Member

The museum is only a few years old, they also make 3d printed parts and give advice in technical issue's. I really think they are working on some literature.

4. Max

Max New Member

Thank you all your feedback. Literature is occasionally discussed on our forum along with everything else regarding DCC: https://forum.dccmuseum.com/t/journ...bout-his-introduction-to-dcc-back-in-1991/488. We do collect and occasionally use articles, but our founder and curator DR DCC does interviews with all people involved with DCC he can get hold of, we can still deal with public articles later when there is no one to interview left. Here you can find the documentary about DCC, which contains quite a few interviews: Later interviews get released along with repair videos and other DCC-related videos to https://www.youtube.com/c/DRDCC.

Frankable and Machaneus like this.
  5. Longman

The problem is that literature, especially websites, can disappear with the people who run them. The pepnet.org.uk site was set up by and for Philips pensioners so I would guess the people involved in it are in their 70s now. Philips themselves don't have a significant presence in the UK. Their last factory, making baby bottles, closed down a couple of years ago. Fairly recently I asked them why there hadn't been any updates and I got a reply saying their hadn't been any significant news to report.

I have managed to grab quite a few copies of the Philips internal magazines off the site by printing them to pdf, but the print facility isn't available on some of the later issues.

Max likes this.
  6. Max

Max New Member

I tested it, web.archive.org is able to save it but they are not yet saved. So we just have to fill each URL in web.archive.org/save/urltosave and it will be preserved forever. But I will bring up the topic of reaching out to them.

Longman likes this.
  7. Longman

Find the right copy and you can read all about the launch of DCC.

8. Yuko_ru

Yuko_ru New Member