Reviving the appreciation for old Panasonics

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by wallacio, Dec 3, 2021.

1. wallacio

wallacio New Member

Hello everyone!

I had a string of RQ-S Panasonic cassette players and a Technics SL-XP700 when I was a teenager. It took many hours of paper rounds, working in shops and I loved them, they went everywhere with me. The cassette players were sold for who knows what but I did keep hold of the CD player, which I *must* dig out of the attic.

My now teenage daughter and some of the internet have decided that cassettes are cool again so I thought I'd try and revive a second hand RQ-S from eBay. I know have two, broken RQ-S30s with which to have a bit of fun. With a bit of luck, I'll get both working and keep one for myself!

W.

RTB likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Panasonic had some amazing equipment and sometimes doesn't get the attention of the other brands. Personally I just picked up an RX-1955, I love the older brick models and these were some of the best.

3. wallacio

wallacio New Member

I totally agree. I was probably what you'd consider a Panasonic 'fanboy' back in the 90s. I had one, clunky Walkman (with a mirrored grid pattern on the front - no idea what model) but I much preferred the design of some of the Panasonics that came out later. It was the first player I had with logic controlled buttons, which led to sleeker (and harder to repair!!) designs. Great stuff.