Bring Me The Mini's...The Quintessential Collection!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Mister X, Apr 5, 2020.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Does this count as a mini?

Brand new Auritone clock radio cassette recorder from 1979 I believe.......

Scored this a few years ago & love this little machine that works perfectly..... Auritone Clock Radio Cassette Recorder! - 27 November 2021 (1).jpg Auritone Clock Radio Cassette Recorder! - 27 November 2021 (3).jpg

Matias, Jorge, CDV and 2 others like this.
  2. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

^ No pause key? Is it true mono? Does it have any inputs?

nickeccles likes this.
  3. nickeccles

4. nickeccles

So I've been searching since 1985 for one of these!

I owned a rather battered one until someone stole it from my bedsit late 85! :veryangry:

Incredibly I did find one in very good condition & fully working.....:emoji_astonished: :emoji_astonished: :emoji_astonished:

She arrived from Italy today & I am so pleased with it! My original one had the tape door missing & had had a hard life........

Even the handle is made of very sturdy metal & the whole radio is so compact - A truly great find for me!!

Oh & did say......This is REALLY small! Look at the size of the cassette door for scale!!

More Here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ANEYKw-3GKK-g_kQ

Unisef AF-1000 Mini Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder - 30 November 2021 (10).jpg Unisef AF-1000 Mini Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder - 30 November 2021 (16).jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Matias, Jorge, Mister X and 2 others like this.
  5. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Nice one Nick, the king of mickey mouse is back lol

nickeccles likes this.
  6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Great find nickeccles, it seems to be one of Unisef's Gems, there's one for sale over here for hundreds of dollars and another that was listed for a couple weeks then disappeared. I was hoping for a little discount but it was gone and they tend to be pretty rare.

nickeccles likes this.
  7. nickeccles

Another Cloney & a favourite of mine: The Ingersoll XK-808! I like the look of this version best - it comes in many guises & is way better built than you would ever think it was! All metal cassette deck & a decent weight - These are also survivors, a new belt is usually all they ever need! :delighted:

Ingersoll XK-808 (3) - April 2020.jpg

Jorge and Mister X like this.
  8. nickeccles

This arrived a couple of weeks ago & is now restored! - Thankfully I had a scrap AKA to save it! The deck was broken & beyond repair! I was pleased that no one had been inside it before me! The keys have a locking feature that locks them unless a cassette is in the machine & someone had forced them which bent the whole assembly that carried the 6 keys......

These are also very well built for Asian machines - The deck is extremely strong so I can only wonder why the keys were forced to the point of bending the key interlock mechanism.....

I had a scrapped UK Triumph RR-3005 in the spares bucket with a perfect cassette deck & changing belt & swapping out was so easy, you don't even have to removed flywheel bracket with these - the new belt simply goes round the motor, reel idler & flywheel! :tongue:

It's now fully functional & in great condition plus I have plentiful spares for it as there is another scrap Triumph from years ago in the bucket!!

Again I really like these underrated mini boomers - Once you know how to remove the entire innards you get full access to everything & they really are well made from that golden age when even budget meant good quality!

HD Video here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ANEYKw-3GKK-g_ln

Conic Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder - December 2021 (34).jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Jorge and Mister X like this.
  9. Mister X

I love seeing the hidden gems and the little tweaks they use to make them stand out more like the blue dial on the ingersoll. I feel like you guys got a lot more of the "off-brands," I just don't see a lot for sale over here.

nickeccles likes this.
  10. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Jorge, nickeccles and Mister X like this.
  11. Mister X

How does it sound? Some of the later models can have beefier speakers.

12. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Pretty good. If you look at the internal picture in the rebelting post I linked to you will see that the speakers are about the largest they could have fitted in. However, they aren't the "long throw" type Sony and other manufacturers started using around this time which can sound better despite being smaller. There are also piezo tweeters in there.

The main thing marking it as a budget box is a complete lack of I/O. All it has is a mains socket and a headphone socket.

Mister X likes this.
  13. Matias

Matias New Member

I got both mini boombox two years ago, but Victor. Bought them in buyee.jp
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1150674728379360/permalink/3403499156430228/?app=fbl

nickeccles, CDV and Mister X like this.
  14. Matias

Matias New Member

15. Mister X

Very nice, I love those tiny JVCs, looks like your friends also collect a ton of boomers.

16. Mister X

I've been looking for a Sony CF-350 since I spied one in one of the ads I posted below. I love these early Sony's, they put a lot of love in them, they even have nice cases to keep them in good condition but even my cases are in great shape. Some websites claim the Toshiba RT-550F was the first mini-boombox from 75 but these came out around 72 or 73 so I'm officially calling this the first mini boombox!

I can't remember if I posted it's big brother in this thread yet, the Sony CF-450 is behind it, at the time Sony was calling these "Cassette-Corder" and you'll find that branding on ads and on the players. My new lens picks up all of the dust, overall these are in really good condition, they just need a light cleaning. I took the cases off but they both came with one.

DSC_1711sm.jpg

nickeccles likes this.
  17. rupi99

rupi99 Active Member

Here are two modern „old school” mini boomboxes, the Mini M90 and Micro M90 – replicas of the famous JVC RC-M90.

They are full of details, especially the Mini. Opening cassette deck with extra mini cassette, working remote control, FM radio with movable dial, bass, treble, balance, volume controller, line in, micro sd cart slot for MP3’s.
    Beside this they are Bluetooth boxes.
    M90.jpg

Was a Kickstarter campaign.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newwavetoys/replitronics-mini-boombox-project/description

Mister X likes this.
  18. Mister X

Did those finally ship???? They look really neat, I might have to get one, I was all in like three years ago but then it stalled out.....

19. rupi99

rupi99 Active Member

Yes, finally they have finished them and shipped them out. After shipment to US now also to Europe.

On their homepage the boxes are now also officially available. But of course for a much higher price than on Kickstarter. ;)

https://newwavetoys.com/products/m90-mini-blaster

But I see, already out of stock:(

20. Matias

Matias New Member

Good evening! Here some of my mini bb´s, I began collecting in the last 4 years.
    AIWA CS-P500
    JVC RC-S5R (with rare battery compartment BC-S5)
    JVC RC-S1JW
    VICTOR RC-S11
    VICTOR RC-S1
    SANYO M 1700F
    GENERAL ELECTRIC 3-5226A
    AIWA CS-J110
    JVC MR-200
    AIWA HS-JS199
    JVC RC-S10 (coming soon...)

upload_2022-4-14_14-31-56.jpeg

upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg upload_2022-4-14_14-24-22.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    ianthepostie, nickeccles and Mister X like this.