Hi from yellowyears

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by yellowyears, Jul 27, 2022.

1. yellowyears

yellowyears New Member

Thanks to everyone’s advice on here. I just picked up the kx-330. Still waiting on speakers and I need to give it a good clean/service (hadn’t been used in ~3 years) to make sure everything is up to scratch.[​IMG]

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

3. yellowyears

yellowyears New Member

Okay cool, thanks. I was looking into getting some sort of system that could connect to multiple devices in my room.
    I also got some surgical spirit, 95% industrial methylated spirit. Apparently it’s the same as rubbing/isopropyl alcohol (maybe even better?) so I am going to use it to clean the tape head. unfortunately my first tape has gotten really dirty already

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Tapes will get gooey over the years and have "tape shred." It's much rarer with cassettes, I get it more with reel to reel tapes but it looks like black flakes or gooey blobs. If your seeing that after playing tapes, don't use them.

5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

If they have an important recording on them you can bake them. That is what recording studios do. You will have to Google how to do it as it isn't something I have ever tried.

Regarding amplifiers with lots of inputs this was the first Yamaha one that came up on eBay.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363940253625?hash=item54bc878fb9:g:iisAAOSwIbJi88jA
    It probably cost about £500 new but is about as fashionable as a CRT TV these days.