Hello from Lithuania

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Kulgrinda, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Kulgrinda

Kulgrinda New Member

Hello,

thank you for accepting me into this forum. I already found some useful information about discmans. As my CD collection started growing I wanted to get a second portable / transportable system to listen to them and not being tied to my main system. I dug up my teenage year Sony D-171 discman which sounded surprisingly detailed and impressive, but very cold, quite sibilant and not enjoyable for longer period. So a search for a better sounding Discman started :)

I currently have half-working Sony D-4, untested Technics XP5 and Sony D-EJ1000 on the way. Latter should be working fine :D

2. Kulgrinda

Kulgrinda New Member

D-4 sounds better than D-171, smoother and more enjoyable.

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, sorry for the late reply. I love the early square CD players or anything that Jorge recommends but they are extremely hard to find compared to Walkmans or boomboxes. For every cool CD player I've found, I bet I've seen 60+ boomboxes. I know they're out there, somewhere.....

4. Kulgrinda

Kulgrinda New Member

Thank you! I see quite many interesting discmans in Europe, but prices sometimes are way over the top. I guess they are becoming collectible items, especially working ones. To get a nice deal is difficult - good ones get snatched in a matter of hours.

I have D-311 on the way and just received D-100 that needs some work, so collection is growing. I of course do not need that many, once I'll test them properly I'll decide which ones to keep and others will go for sale.