Sony WM D6 no sound right channel

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Sonicboom, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Sonicboom

Sonicboom New Member

Hi, I recently purchased a beat up D6. It looks like it was dropped from the headphones jack side. It didn't work with batteries. I opened the device and it looks like someone tried to repair the red jack where line in and mic goes. I found a cracked trace and now the batteries work again. I removed the mute module and still the same issue. Dolby NR is working. When I try to listen from the "Line Out" sound it's almost cero to none. When I connect input to the line in or mic. sound it's only on the left side? Thanks!!

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Without knowing your skill level, I always clean the switches with DeOxit and it fixes a lot of similar problems. Headphone jacks take a lot of abuse, both corrosion on the female internals and loose wires from years of pushing the jack in and out, make sure they have a connection.

It could be several different problems, look at the wires around the play head, maybe try taping something and play it on another machine to see if it's stereo.

3. Sonicboom

Sonicboom New Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I would keep working on it. maybe I'll find the problem.

Mister X likes this.