Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

The USA Market was the largest, the crappy brands would buy a bunch of skids overseas and it wasn't too hard to get rid of them quickly. My town was kind of small, I'd see most of these for sale at flea markets from the annoying guy that was selling new import stuff. What I like are the large gaudy boomboxes, they weren't pretending to be hi-fi, they were just big and mostly ugly but they do have an appeal to them, obviously most are very collectable right now. Back in the 80's I never even considered buying one, the fake function graphics were a buzz kill. I've got a handful now and it's funny how people pick those out first.

I do like some of the low-level, mid-size Hitachi Units, I recently got a Hitachi TRK-7500H (analog VU) and TRK-8100H (LED VU), these are kind of heavy but the top controls look cheap. They both have LINE-IN which is always nice. I didn't grab them for sonics, they are nice heart of the line models that looked like most of the boomers I saw back in the 80's. Hitachi are always hard to find, they didn't have a big footprint here, our markets were very competitive back then.

2. Mister X

Here's a different one from China, it looks like late 80's but who knows? The International 8926K is a nice looking boomer, almost a copy of Sanyo or Panasonic but with funky fresh LED lights around the tiny? speakers. While the sonics may stink the unique style will live on forever.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/284908778149

International.jpg

Silver965 likes this.
  3. Mister X

Silver965 likes this.
  4. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

The Sony ZX-7 DD boombox has similar speakers. Even while using the unit on 4 D cell batteries, output volume is excellent!

5. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

You could surprise people by fitting some long throw speakers from a quality Bluetooth Speaker.

6. Mister X

Very rare Sony MX-10L Mic Mixing Unit for recording Walkmans. This is only the third I've seen come up for sale over the last 10 years when I started looking for them. Upload the OM if you buy it!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/225065819483

sony mx 10.jpg

Silver965 likes this.
  7. Mister X

Epsilon, Conion and now the Helix Version! The world's largest boombox can be yours. This is slightly different than the Epsilon/Conion Version but I think it's the same chassis? These are for bragging rights only, they're pretty lightweight builds.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/275455425615

Helix HX.jpg

8. Papa

Papa Member

First thing that came to mind was the Hitachi TRK-550E
    I think Goldstar had something like that also but I can't find it?

Mister X likes this.
  9. Mister X

I wouldn't doubt they all had a version, I got to see one this summer, they are much larger than the photo shows and the size makes them look cool even though the build is questionable . Put it next to an AIWA in the CB-20 Case and you'd fill up your car.

10. Longman

Mister X likes this.
  11. Longman

Mister X likes this.
  12. Mister X

I think those speakers were an AIWA Option for the system. Mine's powering full size Klipsch Heresys's with no problem, these are a great audio option if you want to conserve space.

13. Mister X

Olympus SP5 Speakers going for silly money. These are only the 2nd set I've seen come up for sale, these go with the Road Runner SR-11 Stereo Microcassette Player and a must have for the hard-core collector, plus they are in the box with the original? Maxell Batteries from 1982.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/234706395224?

olympus sp5.jpg

14. Mister X

15. Mister X

Cap 10, never heard of it before but it looks like a semi-nice effort. More for shelf duty, I'm amazed at the buttons and layout, it has a super cool "balance" rotary dial, how many old units had a balance? This might be a pretty cool heavy unit or a plastic turd, luckily it's only $5 USD! It has a MIC input, what the heck is that for, maybe singalong but there's no MIC volume control. Check out all of the transport controls, some on the side, some on top, sweet!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/354130156609?

cap 10.jpg

16. Longman

I have a personal stereo radio with a similar balance control. Also made in Hong Kong so maybe the same manufacturer.
    I always feel nostalgic when I see "Made in Hong Kong" as it predates the days when everything started being made in China (mid 1990s).

17. Mister X

A very rare sighting of a Pioneer Disco Robo J-7 for just under $1000 USD.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/204089865554?

I think we had a member a couple years ago that was reproducing the buttons on the top that wear out, one of the keypads looks destroyed on this one.

Disco Robi.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Papa likes this.
  18. Mister X

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  19. Mister X

Another Crown oddity the Crown NP-130, I just like it because it's really small, the radio dial is backwards, and might be substantial but odds are that it's a light weight toy. The graphics look like they had extra stickers lying around, this could have had a cool front but this is what they chose to print on it.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/284508545687?

Crown NP-130.jpg

20. Mister X

I love the 70's boomboxes, Crown had some nice ones but they are rarely seen here. Another from the UK for pretty cheap, the Crown CSC-626, I bet nickeccles could make this shine!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/255776290933?

Crown CSC-626.jpg