WM-DD33 Fast forward and rewind problem

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Walkmanlover, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Walkmanlover

Walkmanlover New Member

Every time I try to fast forward or rewind, the mechanism activates. I have already aligned the center gear (after 6 hours).

Here is a video:

@Valentin could you perhaps shed some light as to what the problem may be?

Edit: have sanded the metal bracket as per your advice. Height of FF has been adjusted.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  2. Valentin

Valentin Well-Known Member

The first problem I notice is you don't have the slider installed. That black lever beneath the main gear needs to be installed in the recess of the slider.
    Otherwise the auto-stop mechanism will be constantly triggered. The initial clicking noise is caused by that.

The other sound at 0:16 sounds like the gear is skipping on some teeth, so please do check the main gear gets low enough so that it engages with the other white gear in all positions (as there will be some up/down wobble in operation).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  3. Walkmanlover

Walkmanlover New Member

For initial testing I didn't have the lever installed, lest I need to take it all apart again.

I bent the rewind pusher area even more, as well as removing a black washer under the clip holding the rewind gear. Rewind now works, though it quacks and occasionally slips when upside down. I also bent the fast forward lever more, but still not enough contact.
    dd washer.png
    20221030_135334.jpg

Video of today's progress:

Will update if there are new developments.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  4. Costa32

Costa32 Member

That Center wheel design never convinced me, there are better ones being sold... Its all because of that center wheel...

Look at my repair using those other Wheels:

Notice the Smoothness in every operation...