National RX C52 resurrection..Part 1

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Ken80s, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

Looking at the condition of this unit it was probably retrieve from a dump site. It's non functional unable to power up as claimed by the seller...
    Nevertheless I wish to try my luck even with lack to no confidence if I could revive it.
    Look out for my next update..

IMG_20221130_173815.jpg

IMG_20221130_173832.jpg

IMG_20221203_172904.jpg

IMG_20221203_173102.jpg

IMG_20221203_173926.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Mister X and Valentin like this.
  2. stuck-in-time

stuck-in-time Well-Known Member

Hope this can be succesfully ressurected! That huge cassette window would look really nice.

Ken80s likes this.
  3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Ken80s likes this.
  4. systemBuilder

systemBuilder New Member

If you can get the electronics working, then I propose the following - - -

1. You can literally take a layer of plastic off the device with acetone. It will dissolve the outer layer. You might lose any original sheen and/or tint on the plastic, but it will definitely get you down to the original plastic. Be sparing with the acetone as it will round off the corners of your device if you use too much ... another possibility is to wet-sand it with 2000-grit sandpaper

2. A device like this will have likely have cheap / terrible speakers. There are so much better speakers available today in a small form factor because of the portable bluetooth speaker market! You might consider replacing the drivers inside of the speaker enclosures, it should sound tremendously much better with much beefier speakers (woofers weighing 3x as much are easy to procure)!